Holy crap --- Resist

Moderator: Support Moderators

Rykker

Holy crap --- Resist

Post by Rykker »

Okay, so I was warned how slow Resist was to GM, but wow, I had no idea it was this slow. I am at 94.6 resist. I bought 1100 FS regs last night, and went from 94 to 94.6. That seems super slow.

At this level of resist, should I bother macroing to GM it, or just go out and play the game? All my other skills are at 100.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Holy crap --- Resist

Post by the bazookas »

I run around with between 80-90 resist on several guys (b/c i'm lazy) and I do all right. It's not essential to GM it, but it gives you a little bit of an edge, perhaps. If you want to be a real serious PvPer, you might as well GM it.

btw the wiki chance of resist formula is complete bunk. Also the spell damage formula is not right either, as Magery does in fact increase spell damage, not just affecting chance of resist.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

the bazookas wrote:I run around with between 80-90 resist on several guys (b/c i'm lazy) and I do all right. It's not essential to GM it, but it gives you a little bit of an edge, perhaps. If you want to be a real serious PvPer, you might as well GM it.

btw the wiki chance of resist formula is complete bunk. Also the spell damage formula is not right either, as Magery does in fact increase spell damage, not just affecting chance of resist.
Ok cool. Maybe I will just take it easy macroing and just macro here and there. Guess it's time to start actually playing.

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

I've now gone through ~600 FS regs and not gained a single .1 from 94.6. It is amazing how much it has slowed down since hitting 94.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Just curious--what is your casting character's Magery & Eval?
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

the bazookas wrote:Just curious--what is your casting character's Magery & Eval?

100 each.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Yea, I figured... thought that if it wasn't 100 & 100, then it MIGHT affect it since I seem to have heard that resist gain is based on how much damage you could take from it, which potentially could mean you won't gain so good if you have somebody FSing you with low eval. Anywho, sorry I don't have much else to offer by way of advice, except that sometimes you won't gain much for quite some time, then get several ticks all at once, so you just have to bite the bullet and keep blasting away and you'll get to GM.

grepler

Post by grepler »

Rykker wrote:I've now gone through ~600 FS regs and not gained a single .1 from 94.6. It is amazing how much it has slowed down since hitting 94.
Open your Skills (alt-k) and check if the show real button is green, then scroll all your skills to make sure one doesnt have skill points in it that you dont want. If there is one and its locked you wont gain skills at all. You are only allowed 700 and if all 6 others are gm (6x100=600) plus 94.6 for resist, if some other skill(s) add up to 5.4 and they are locked or the arrow is pointed up your resist wont go up till the arrow for that skill is pointed down.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I'm like bazooka, a lot of people on the server are.

I have a handful of 7x chars and lots of 6x 90 something resist mages. When I'm really bored sometimes I'll polish resist off on a character. GM resist does not make a massive difference.

Never really paid attention to how many regs it takes from 95. I would estimate it takes around 36 hours with a single char FSing from 95, 1700 FS regs generally take about 6-7 hours to go through, so about 9.5k regs? That's a pretty big guess, I have GMed or re-GMed resist probably 2 dozen times in my time on this shard though.

You can do it fairly quickly if you have 3 chars FSing, and avoid death by having a tricky timed macro. Eval does NOT make a difference to whether or not you gain, that's just a rumour based on an old patch note Derrick put out.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

Well bazooka was definitely right.. it seems sort of random if/when you gain resist. I went through another 1000 regs last night and gained a full 1.0 resist. Earlier in the day 600+ regs yielded no gains at all. Oh well.

I'll just keep casting away until 100.

Return to “New Player Help”