Questions about getting ganked

Moderator: Support Moderators

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Questions about getting ganked

Post by EVeee »

#1 - How do players sync up their attacks so perfectly? I get revealed by one guy and hally-ed by another faster than I can re-hide with the push of one button. And I have fast reflexes.

#2 - How am I getting attacked by reds as instantly as they appear on my screen. By the time I visually register a red name on my screen I have already been attacked. I don't understand it.

#3 - Why do so many gankers stand around saying 'ill res' after killing people? Personally I have no interest in being ressed as an empty-pocketed grey robe in a far off land and I can't imagine why anyone would.

Pirul

Re: Questions about getting ganked

Post by Pirul »

1.- Tracker and they use vent to synch their attacks.

2.- Attack closest <innocent, human, etc.> in Razor.

3.- Most of the PKs who offer that will often leave recall regs and your rune if you put up a bounty for them (1 gp bounty is enogh for them to get the message that they are bounty hunted).
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

I realize it's not what you're asking, but I'm guessing the core question that lies within is "How am I supposed to escape these guys?"

While I admit they are pretty damn quick sometimes, an emergency recall macro should do the trick. If your reflexes are as good as you claim you should be able to escape most of the times. Just be mindful to use a rune location which is unlikely to be blocked and generally considered a safe place. The best thing about an emergency recall macro is that it will work even when your target rune is covered by loot for example and would be otherwise untargetable.

If it's just one PK coming at you, you should consider fighting if you're not too heavy on loot. In my admittedly little experience with PKs on this shard I noticed many are just out looking for easy prey and are ill equipped for a lengthy fight themselves. So basically if you're fighting back it is entirely possible that they are going to recall instead of you. Doesn't mean you should stay in the dungeon obviously, as they will probably return with help.

Should I have presumed too much and you're perfectly comfortable with PKs in general, just ignore this post =)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Nefarity wrote:If it's just one PK coming at you, you should consider fighting if you're not too heavy on loot. In my admittedly little experience with PKs on this shard I noticed many are just out looking for easy prey and are ill equipped for a lengthy fight themselves. So basically if you're fighting back it is entirely possible that they are going to recall instead of you. Doesn't mean you should stay in the dungeon obviously, as they will probably return with help.
This is VERY true.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

EVeee wrote:#1 - How do players sync up their attacks so perfectly? I get revealed by one guy and hally-ed by another faster than I can re-hide with the push of one button. And I have fast reflexes.

#2 - How am I getting attacked by reds as instantly as they appear on my screen. By the time I visually register a red name on my screen I have already been attacked. I don't understand it.

#3 - Why do so many gankers stand around saying 'ill res' after killing people? Personally I have no interest in being ressed as an empty-pocketed grey robe in a far off land and I can't imagine why anyone would.
As a player that used to PK a lot, in a group or solo, I'll answer some of these and just confirm what others are saying...

1. Whether or not you are already on target, I can hold down my "target nearest blue" macro for my ebolt (or attacklast key), while another party member reveals you. No reflex will ever allow you to re-hide.
2. Attack blue/Attack last
3. We just want counts and bounty. Some PKs care about your loot, some PKs just want to ruin your day, some PKs just want to raise their "murder stats" and some are a combination of those. I fell into the group of "don't give a shit about your loot, just give me a count and lets make this as painless as possible". We'll res you, give you most your valuables back and make sure you get home safe. People in this category, for the most part, also won't PK you more than once a day (or at least, not for a few hours later.. we know you're there, we're just giving you a free pass).
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

Thanks for the replies everyone. It seems that attack nearest blue just about guarantees that attackers will get the jump on me and get at least one hit or spell in before I can react. I'm happy to hear that the offer to res is in most cases not an attempt at further griefing. :) And as far as the discussion about solo/group reds, I have yet to be attacked by a solo red on this server which was why I very purposely named this 'Questions about getting ganked'.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

EVeee wrote: I have yet to be attacked by a solo red on this server which was why I very purposely named this 'Questions about getting ganked'.
r-, where art thou?

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

I'm pleased to announce that tonight I was attacked by a solo red: Brady Quinn of T-G. Apparently the only one of them that has nerve and/or pride. It was nice finally having at least an attempt to run. I was so happy I didn't even try to recall; I just ran and gave him the chance to chase me down, which he did. Thanks for making it fun

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

A lot of people replied in this and other threads that recall macros were a cure all for getting ganked or PKed. But I am finding that An Mani x infinity > Kal Ort Por.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Recall macro works great if you have an invis item in there to prevent interrupts, or are lucky enough to see the reds coming a mile away.

I also mini-heal through their dump, and time my recall until they arm their hallies, or go for a big spell. Unless I'm pinned down, I usually get away, even from tough places.

Mini-heal is VERY powerful.

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

Idk how invis can prevent an interrupt from a precast Harm but I'll try to use hiding for that effect and see how it goes. Thank you for the advice.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Trouble is, you can't hide while casting, but you can arm an invis item.

Return to “New Player Help”