Dragon control- why do they still attack me?

Moderator: Support Moderators

randale

Dragon control- why do they still attack me?

Post by randale »

Even after they've been successfully tamed and fed (Well, to the "it looks hungry" stage) Since they won't listen to my commands, I think the only thing is seems you can do is leave the screen they are on, to give them sufficient "cooldown" then they won't anymore.

Also, to what fed level and mood do they have to be in to listen to your commands? I had one die because it wouldn't follow me through a gate.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Dragon control- why do they still attack me?

Post by Mikel123 »

If you were aggressive to them (and I think this includes your auto-respond if they melee you), you need 2 minutes out of their sight for them to not be mad at you.

Apoc

Post by Apoc »

just invis and tab out simples :)

randale

Post by randale »

Apoc wrote:just invis and tab out simples :)
Ok, but would I have to wait 2 minutes after I become visible again? Actually, I think invis lasts for two minutes. Tab out? You mean just hit tab?

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

As in hit tab twice, to cancel your attack. If you do what Apoc suggested, you don't need to wait two minutes at all.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

even if you invis, a tamed mob will reattack you if it kills something else and you are still visible, and you have been in combat with it in the last minute or so.

this is evident when you tame a white wyrm, invis and then it kills some trash like a frost ooze or apoc
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

randale

Post by randale »

nightshark wrote:even if you invis, a tamed mob will reattack you if it kills something else and you are still visible, and you have been in combat with it in the last minute or so.

this is evident when you tame a white wyrm, invis and then it kills some trash like a frost ooze or apoc
That first sentence seems rather contradictory. "If it kills something else, and you are still visible?" Well, after I cast invis on me after taming it, I won't be visible.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

er badly worded

so if you have previously invised but are now visible, the dragon/WW will re-attack you under those circumstances.

eg:
-tame a ww, cast invis, ww breaks its agression
-you pop out to cast gate, the WW kills a frost ooze nearby

once the frost ooze is dead, the drag/ww re-evaluates its target. since you've recently been in combat with it, it chooses you.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Return to “New Player Help”