Can't log in after server restart

Moderator: Support Moderators

Recluse

Can't log in after server restart

Post by Recluse »

After a multi-year hiatus from UO I finally came back to dive head-first back into my treasure hunting and mining addiction. The only problem is, I can't seem to login very quickly after the server restarts.

Logging in is not an issue late afternoon/evening. This would be my second morning in a row trying to login after the restart. Both times it has taken a couple hours to be able to do so.

Browsing the forums the most recent posts found about this issue are atleast two years old (after working all night my patience is limited so only the first half dozen pages were checked in detail, call me lazy if you must). Most of the posts said server downtime was aproximately five minutes.

When attempting to login the "Verifying Account..." pop-up either brings me directly back to the login screen or to a new pop-up that starts out "We were unable to authenticate your login. Usually this means.....".

I was just wondering if this is normal behavior for the daily restarts.

On a side note, opening the character selection screen, seeing how shiny and new it is.....brings a tear to my eye. Grind on!

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Can't log in after server restart

Post by the bazookas »

I've never experienced this specifically, although occasionally (not having to do with the server restart at all) it will freeze at "connecting" and I have to restart my client.

I didn't try to log in this morning, but it could simply be that this morning specifically there were some updates added by Derrick that took more time than normal server maintenance. I would also ensure that you have the client that you download from UOSA (in case you aren't).
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Recluse

Post by Recluse »

the bazookas wrote:I've never experienced this specifically, although occasionally (not having to do with the server restart at all) it will freeze at "connecting" and I have to restart my client.

I didn't try to log in this morning, but it could simply be that this morning specifically there were some updates added by Derrick that took more time than normal server maintenance. I would also ensure that you have the client that you download from UOSA (in case you aren't).

Yes sir everything is "fresh out of the box" from UOSA and operating correctly, all but the login of course.

The client has been restarted multiple times for thouroughness.

Recluse

Post by Recluse »

I was able to login in after fours hours. If i remember correctly it was about that long yesterday as well.

Return to “New Player Help”