Question about moving creatures

Moderator: Support Moderators

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Question about moving creatures

Post by EVeee »

I can't think of an easy way to ask this, so please forgive me.
If the following are true:

1) You have moved a creature/creatures far away from their spawn spot, whether by walking or gating
2) When you decide to leave them somewhere, they are outdoors and not indoors
3) When you leave them, they are not tame (either they were never tamed or you released them)

Will they just disappear after a certain amount of time or will they persist? If they do disappear, about how long is it before that happens?

Pirul

Re: Question about moving creatures

Post by Pirul »

Hmm...interesting.

I believe all creatures tend to gravitate towards their spawn spots, but I'm not sure how that works for pre-tames out of their dungeon.

However, if you release the creature, remember it will go wild, and aggresive (if that's it's nature), so any passer by could have killed it. Also, they can travel large distances in a relatively short period of time, and since they don't have a place to gravitate to, then they might be harder to find.

I have no clue if they are ever "despawned".
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

I believe that all non-vendor spawning NPC's including monsters "log out" (disappear) after 24 hours without any interaction with players. I don't know about the "poofing" back to their spawn spot for monsters after they have not been interacted with for a while, but I can say that shopkeepers do for sure, and I remember trapping a wandering healer once and having it poof away in like 15 minutes.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

During actual T2A, I only ever attempted to trap creatures in houses and they always poofed away there, player interaction or no. So I can't speak at all about era accuracy on my own question. When I played on here a few years ago with a friend of mine we ran through this scenario a couple of times; first creatures were removed from their native spots to a farm and the second time identical creatures were moved to an island. Both times they simply disappeared before even a couple of hours had passed. Both times we were watching and sure there was no interference from other players or monsters. But a lot of things seem to have changed in the past two years so I was wondering + hoping that had as well. Thanks again for the replies

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

There's a special recipe for keeping non-invulnerable NPCs where you want them forever (unless staff decides it's not in the best interest of the shard for you to continue). It was used at one time in order to give the reg shop mages at Delucia a chance to rehabilitate after being overworked by afk reagent buyers. You can read the drama here.

We kept them in rehabilitation for several days straight ;). You can't tell from the picture exactly how we did it, but let me just say that holding spawned NPCs (who have a "home") isn't for the faint of heart.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Return to “New Player Help”