Macroing skills with Menu Responses

Moderator: Support Moderators

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Macroing skills with Menu Responses

Post by EVeee »

I've written some macros for skills like tracking and tinkering and they work fine but I can't find a way to make Razor close the Menu windows afterwards. It just keeps stacking hundreds of menus on top of each other and after a certain point it starts creataing some significant lag so I need to log out and log back in again to either continue macroing or to play the character. Does anyone know how to fix this? :)

TheManWithNoName

Re: Macroing skills with Menu Responses

Post by TheManWithNoName »

some things to check/try:

- make sure your object delay in razor is set to 1000.
- put very short pauses in between all your wait for target/wait for menu lines in your macro.
- you can also try editing your wait for menu timeouts. do this by left clicking the macro line in razor, THEN right clicking it to bring up the menu options.

the only "crafting" macro i've ever had the menus stack up on me like you describe is my alchemy macro. however it happens so rarely, and i've only noticed it occurs during world saves depending on what part of the macro it is currently iterating through. since my char is gm alchemy now i only use my macro to make 100 potions at a time (to fill a keg) so if the macro starts stacking the menus up on me it's not "that" many to close afterwards. really i'm just lazy and have never bothered to change it.

as for tracking, you need to record yourself closing the 2nd menu option. say you choose to track a human, if there is no human in your tracking area (based on your current skill) then the 2nd menu will not show up and you'll get a message saying nothing is in the area. if there is a human in your tracking area then a 2nd menu will show up allowing you to select which specific character you want to track. so if you do not record yourself closing the 2nd menu, and you run your macro in a remote area, and say a wandering healer comes in your range, that 2nd menu will pop up asking you to track the healer and it will just continue to stack up indefinitely. here is my tracking macro:

UseSkill Tracking
Wait for Menu (Any) [timeout set to 2]
MenuResponse 3
Wait for Menu (Any) [timeout set to 1]
MenuResponse 0
Pause 10.10sec
Loop

that should closeout the menus correctly if you are macroing in a semi-populated area. alternatively you can hop on a boat, sail out to a remote spot in the water, hide, then run your macro and sail back in a couple days later as a GM tracker.
IRC: NoName

Return to “New Player Help”