Bard Template Question

Moderator: Support Moderators

mrl4963

Bard Template Question

Post by mrl4963 »

I was wondering how effective peacemaking is for a bard and if it is worth swapping out for eval int. I just want to be able to make as much gold as I can with my bard, without having to use a lot of regs in the meantime. From what I remember, eval int only boosts damage of spells so would it be wise to sub it for peacemaking to control the spawn around me? Or would I be better off dropping wrestling and keeping both?

I know that I will have to worry about defending myself from griefers, but I hope that I will be good enough to pull off a recall before that becomes a problem. My template as of right now is:

Provoke
Musicianship
Magery
Resist
Wrestling
Meditation
++ Eval Int or Peacemaking ++

Pirul

Re: Bard Template Question

Post by Pirul »

Eval Int, no contest.

I'm in a hurry, but I'll write out the full explanation later.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

mrl4963

Post by mrl4963 »

Thanks Pirul, I appreciate that

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

OK, so the reason you want eval is that peace does not last long enough in this server. You really can run around destard or any other place pretty much safely as mobs are slow as molasses, so you really don't need to "peace" mobs. It is also not much more than an inconvinience for PK's, as most run around on tank mages and dexxers are probably spamming their "attack last" hotkey anyway.

The only monsters peace might be useful for is fast moving ones like Balrons and Theratan Avengers. Balrons insta aggro, so as soon as you hit peace, you'll only break aggro for a fraction of a second before they're onto you again. You might get a second or two vs. thera avengers, but they also aquire targets real quick.

Here you can find a bit more discussion about peacemaking: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40203
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

mrl4963

Post by mrl4963 »

Thanks for the advice Pirul. That's exactly what I needed to know!

Return to “New Player Help”