About a bug I experienced in actual T2A

Moderator: Support Moderators

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

About a bug I experienced in actual T2A

Post by EVeee »

At one point I owned a large forge on Ice Island. I kept literally thousands of every colored ingot locked down out on the patio because I thought it looked cool like that. One day I saw a guy standing outside my house next to my patio not visibly doing anything. I told him to get away from my house and he didn't answer. So I got my red and Exp-EB-FSed him to death. Then he OoooOOOoo-ed me, which showed me he was there doing something. I told him not to come back or he'd die again.

A few days later I logged in and all my ingots were gone without a trace. I paged a GM and told them that someone must have stolen them. Which went like this:

GM: That is impossible
Me: I know. Nevertheless, it happened.
GM: Hold on one second. *phases through house in various directions for a minute*
GM: I can find no trace of your ingots here. If you ever had any, they are completely gone.
Me: So can you find out who took them?
GM: It's more likely that you forgot to lock them down and they decayed.
Me: I would never have a reason to unlock every single ingot on my porch, so that's not what happened. If one pile disappeared, I might have just forgotten. All of them are missing, so someone took them via a bug.
GM: I'm sorry but I cannot help you with this or give you more ingots to replace the ones you lost.

This story and question have no bearing at all on my UOSA game, but did anyone else ever experience or hear about this happening? I always wondered how it was done.

Frogleg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: About a bug I experienced in actual T2A

Post by Frogleg »

i read somewhere that you can tinker them even locke ddown. also, several times on this server someone cooked my raw fish for me and they were locked inside a small house

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

There was briefly a bug on OSI many years ago, I believe during T2A, that allowed you to steal things through the walls of a house. I recall a Galad strip where he sailed a boat up to the back wall of a house that had been placed in a buggy spot allowing it to sit directly on the coastline, and drylooted all the containers stacked against that wall.

There's also an old ImANewbie strip that makes reference to thieves exploiting a bug that, in essence, allowed them to bounce their character to a point that was technically located under the floor of someone's house, and take items from inside.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Sheer Luck

Post by Sheer Luck »

Usta be, as long as the steps were legal, you could drop a house in some strange places. Had a buddy with a house inside the hedge maze, south of the bucket spawn. The Land was "V" shaped. You could simply walk up the lil valley and logout under his house and be inside on re-log. That was prolly late '98.

Last I knew on UOSA, any container, including kegs!, locked down on the SE patio corner were useable by anyone from outside.

Housing has always been problematic. Anyone remember when Towers had a back door? LOL!
You see: a character crafted by Sheer Luck

[23:55]<Soma> I know very well of Abbott's ways
[23:56]<Soma> He may be a pedophile, but he's a damn good smith

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Towers had a back door? I don't recall that. I do recall in 97-98 when people would place smalls on top of towers though. Always thought that was cool. I also remember hearing about a bug where you could place a house, go to the roof/inside/whatever, open a gate to a rune marked near the front of the house, go through it, demolish the house, go back through the gate (z axis as if house was still placed), mark a rune, re-place house in same spot, and have a rune marked to the inside of your house. I tried it out once but it didn't work for me. Might have been fixed before I tried it though (or could have been a BS rumor that went around). That would have been an easy way for someone to sell a house to someone else and go back and loot them later.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

At some point you could use raw material locked down if you had the tools and some of the raw material in your pack.
Since you target the material you just targeted the lockdown material instead of what you have in your pack.
Then you just make the armor piece out of the lockdown material and melt it back to ingots.

I got alot of ingots that way.

Return to “New Player Help”