Patio Placement Pitfalls

Moderator: Support Moderators

SirLanceAlittle
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Patio Placement Pitfalls

Post by SirLanceAlittle »

This is not really a Bug Report, per se. I simply need verification of a couple of house placement issues.
Over the past two weeks, I have been trying, in vain, to place a Patio where one stood just two months ago. :?

There is an ever-so-slight "dip" in the ground at the SE corner of the plot in-question. It is not near the steps.
When I try to place it, the House's foundation sits smoothly over that "dip," unlike other spots I have tried
with more unevenness in the terrain and where one can easily tell the foundation doesn't fit properly.

I would have thought this "dip" was what was keeping me from placing my Patio and just given up, if it hadn't been for Patch 144 which states:
"The requirement for even ground around the foundation is less strict than it was."
Could there be a GLITCH in the system that is erroneously preventing placement of a Patio on this plot?

Now, let's talk house placement obstacles.
Am I correct to believe that both Pampass Grass and Small Palm, which one cannot walk thru/over, are in-fact legitimate housing obstacles?
Furthermore, since one CAN walk thru/over both a Rock and a Fallen Log, they are NOT housing obstacles, right?

Okay, let the discussions begin!!! :lol:

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patio Placement Pitfalls

Post by Hicha »

I had this issue before, and what worked for me was temporarily using one of the 'no trees' or 'tree hack' mul files. For whatever reason I could not place an L shape south of Yew do to a bush at one of the corners. Using the cleared out mul file let me see exactly where it should fit and I was able to place at my first attempt.

Another biggie is to just make sure your game window is at the top-left corner of UO. Moving the window a bit seems to change where you're really clicking when placing the house, so you might also try clicking various tiles and/or corners of each tile to see if you can place as well.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

If it is close to another house, it may be that the steps of the patio are now blocking placement. The steps didn't count in placement before, but now they do.

Also, there are some "weird" things going on with the corners of buildings in relation to other buildings. I only notice it on the corners. Its hard to explain, you'd just have to place a bunch of houses kiddie-corner to see what i'm talking about.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Johnnylittle

Post by Johnnylittle »

im having the same type of issue, it might have something to do with the steps being adjacent to a dip or hill

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Seems like the leniency around the entire foundation introduced ~6 months ago was keeled back slightly IMO
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Return to “New Player Help”