Med Problems

Moderator: Support Moderators

seraph

Med Problems

Post by seraph »

My character does not gain Meditation passively, so I thought I would try getting drunk then medding, i get the message "Inebriation is not conductive to meditation" so that doesnt work either, skill gain is at an absolute crawl, and it is only at 26.8 seems a bit harsh to me.

Hamrlik
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Med Problems

Post by Hamrlik »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=418

You can buy a magical wizard's hat and make a unequip/equip/med macro to get up to 35-40 skill, then macro it up with magery.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If you want a jump on med also, do it often in leather while casting. It slows it down so you can do it more often between casts. But by the time you GM magery you should have GMed it anyway. It's better if you have fewer regs to mess with (or more then you think you need to get to the next circle) in an overnight macro that way.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

seraph wrote:My character does not gain Meditation passively, so I thought I would try getting drunk then medding, i get the message "Inebriation is not conductive to meditation" so that doesnt work either, skill gain is at an absolute crawl, and it is only at 26.8 seems a bit harsh to me.
just med from lower mana like 10 mana and youll gain while doing magery

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

seraph

Post by seraph »

Thanks for the replies guys I will give them a go, 30+ med attempts at around 10 mana (I have 100 INT) and no gains were starting to worry me. :(

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

seraph wrote:Thanks for the replies guys I will give them a go, 30+ med attempts at around 10 mana (I have 100 INT) and no gains were starting to worry me. :(
You'd need 80 med skill (give or take) to start having successes at 10 mana with 100 INT.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Apoc

Post by Apoc »

To gain well i suggest this mnacro for lightning meditate, If mana >20 If Hp > 50 execute lightning , target self you will find your med gains go a lot faster :).

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

with 100 int go to the wandering healer agro him die, pause 130 seconds walk away walk back accept rez gump med repeat 0 regs 0 everything

TC

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

You can probably do the same thing at shrines right? Probably don't want the crimetime of a wandering healer. Spawn would be better to die by.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

very true im sure it would work better never tried that one :)

TC

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

I cast poison on my dagger and used this table to see at what mana level I needed to cast:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=418&start=30

At 100 Int and 27 Med, I would cast when your mana is 78 and med immediately afterwards. Be sure to adjust the mana level as your med goes up. Poison only takes one nightshade so it's not too costly (3-4k regs to GM if I recall).

mic275620

Post by mic275620 »

As of today meditation with booze still works. You will get that error message some of the time though.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36007
- Mygar

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

Too many guys used to the uor way of things. it wont gain if you med with no chance of success and you wont gain with 100% chance of gain.

not slow to gain, I brought 21.3 from mage, then macro'd the liquor way. The key is meding at the right spot and adjusting to suit your skill. I'm now at 84 after about 9 hours and 20-30 liquors. The rest I'll gain when doing magery.

And to all those that say ''just do it with magery'' you seem to forget that many people are making their first char on this server, thats why there asking here for help.......no one has the gold to just do it with magery untill your set-up with atleast one char. 100gp will get you 6-7 liquors and 45-55 skill from the start.

get your skill to 60ish and then use magery. 1 your gain magery faster with better med 2. your save a few 1000gp using liquors over regs.

Return to “New Player Help”