LORE INFLUENCE TO TAMING

Moderator: Support Moderators

Kyuna - Myoo

LORE INFLUENCE TO TAMING

Post by Kyuna - Myoo »

hi to all.
i macro a tamer...
but now i find some problem...
if lore is 100, and taming 94.3 the skill taming skill up more more more less.. abount 0,2 in 2 hours with hell hound, = hell cat, = dragon
my question is: is better skill down lore at 99.9?. i see this big different only after GM lore, before taming skill up good.

if problem is lore, how to skill down lore?
i have real skill cup at 490, but not real at 800, and i can't train random skill to vendor to decrease lore...

help me for a easy and rapid solution

Thanks

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: LORE INFLUENCE TO TAMING

Post by the bazookas »

Hi there,

Let me make sure I understand what you are asking. Are you asking whether having GM Animal Lore skill slows down your Animal Taming skill gain? It really should not affect how fast you gain animal taming, so don't drop your animal lore skill.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Kyuna - Myoo

Post by Kyuna - Myoo »

the bazookas wrote:Hi there,

Let me make sure I understand what you are asking. Are you asking whether having GM Animal Lore skill slows down your Animal Taming skill gain? It really should not affect how fast you gain animal taming, so don't drop your animal lore skill.

YES, this is the question... and is normal increase taming then 0,2 in about 3-4 hour hell hound? i think NO, someone tell me if necessary about 35-30 hours by 85 to gm...
i spend 20 hours 85-93
and now i spend other 20 hours 93-94.6, my lore finish simultaneous with 93 taming..., this is for lore, or simply because taming is more more difficult by 93 to gm?
this morning i tamed dragon about 2 hours, every 20min i change target, but not increase than 0,1....
next i tame a single bull, and increase then 0.1

now is about 4 hour i tame hell hound and increase only then 0.2..... O_O

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Taming is painfully slow, and even moreso in higher levels. It is very conceivable to have a .2 gain in 4 hours. At higher levels I used to set a goal of .1 per 2-3 hours (which was my play time per day when I skilled my tamer up).
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Kyuna - Myoo

Post by Kyuna - Myoo »

Pirul wrote:Taming is painfully slow, and even moreso in higher levels. It is very conceivable to have a .2 gain in 4 hours. At higher levels I used to set a goal of .1 per 2-3 hours (which was my play time per day when I skilled my tamer up).
now i decrease my lore to 98, for the moment i skill up taming then 0,3 in 20 minutes... wait for the confirm

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

Animal lore is only used in loyalty checks by pets, i.e. how well they respond to your commands, and how quickly they will get pissed off at you. Any correlation you notice between lore skill and taming gains are purely coincidental.

From the wiki..
Animal Lore has three functions.
The first purpose is that it acts like Anatomy in respect to Healing, so that with 60 Animal Lore and 60 Veterinary you can cure your pet from poisons. However 80/80 in both skills will not allow you to resurrect your pet.
The second purpose for this skill is to enhance Animal Taming in that the pet orneriness check is made by comparing the creatures "tameable at" level to 80% of the masters Tame skill plus 20% of the masters Lore skill.
The third purpose is for checking your pet's status. As time goes on, your pet will require an upkeep of food, it's happiness decays overtime and can only be replenished by feeding it. See below for details.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Kyuna - Myoo

Post by Kyuna - Myoo »

mrbojangles wrote:Animal lore is only used in loyalty checks by pets, i.e. how well they respond to your commands, and how quickly they will get pissed off at you. Any correlation you notice between lore skill and taming gains are purely coincidental.

From the wiki..
The first purpose is that it acts like Anatomy in respect to Healing, so that with 60 Animal Lore and 60 Veterinary you can cure your pet from poisons. However 80/80 in both skills will not allow you to resurrect your pet.
The second purpose for this skill is to enhance Animal Taming in that the pet orneriness check is made by comparing the creatures "tameable at" level to 80% of the masters Tame skill plus 20% of the masters Lore skill.
The third purpose is for checking your pet's status. As time goes on, your pet will require an upkeep of food, it's happiness decays overtime and can only be replenished by feeding it. See below for details.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Kyuna - Myoo wrote:
mrbojangles wrote:Animal lore is only used in loyalty checks by pets, i.e. how well they respond to your commands, and how quickly they will get pissed off at you. Any correlation you notice between lore skill and taming gains are purely coincidental.

From the wiki..
Interesting response... :D
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

lore doesnt affect taming at all, you can tame a dragon here with 95 odd taming and 0 lore. the uor patch changed it to be combined with taming.

you could do lore after taming if you really think it makes a differences, your beable to tame things still just not control them but as long as the server is coded as the wiki says it shouldn't make a difference.

Luke

Post by Luke »

I've been hearing a lot of accounts, from this shard and original t2a players, that animal lore does indeed affect rate of skill gain for taming even though it is not advertised as such. I dismissed those accounts but so many people are bringing it up I have to wonder if there is something there and we simply spout off the answer we have been told. Perhaps it's an interconnection somewhere that we are unaware of. Just something to investigate for curious souls.

Return to “New Player Help”