GM resist after gming magery, best method?

Moderator: Support Moderators

aerandor

GM resist after gming magery, best method?

Post by aerandor »

So I just finished getting magery to gm, but my resist is still at 86.0, I believe the hired mages casting on you in town thing no longer works, so am I stuck just fsing myself to gm or is there a better way? Any thoughts?

Xantim
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: GM resist after gming magery, best method?

Post by Xantim »

FS your self outside guardzone and have a healer.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Hired mages still works to get you up to like 86 in a few hours as of about a month ago... really slows down about that level b/c they don't FS very much. I betcha 10-20 white wyrms would do the trick though. If that is not an option, yes, FS yourself with a healer outside of town. That's how I GMed resist. Took a long time though. Note that I often run a tank mage with 85 resist, and I think it works just fine.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

the bazookas wrote:betcha 10-20 white wyrms would do the trick though.
If you get 2 boats (easiest way to do this), toss all the wyrms on the edge of one boat, with the tamer blocking them from moving (so they are stacked nicely.)

Toss your target and healer(s) on the 2nd boat. Make sure the boat with the target is in town, boat with the wyrms is out of town.

45 WWs will get you from 33 resist to 95 resist in ~4 hours depending how often you die (spells do 1 damage, but when you got 40+ WWs casting, it can be tough to maintain your lifebar, especially with all the poisoning going on)

95-100 with this method kinda sucks, it gets really slow around 94. I'd say switch to Flamestrike at that point
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Return to “New Player Help”