Boat / key question

Moderator: Support Moderators

WiseOne

Boat / key question

Post by WiseOne »

I am sure I refreshed my boat this week but this morning I came to find both my fisherman on a random island and recalling from the key gives me "I cannot recall from that object". Like I said I am fairly certain that the boat was refreshed this week so I am wondering is there anything else that could be causing this?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Boat / key question

Post by mrbojangles »

Probably all those sea nymphs seduced your tillerman, and they eloped.

seriously tho, if the key isn't working it means either it decayed or has been dry docked by someone.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

So its possible for someone to board my boat and steal it?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

If it is open, or can jump into it from a different z-axis (like a tower ledge)(...I think), then they can.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I logged out in the middle of the ocean last night so I doubt that was it. There is a small chance the boat was moving because I closed the windows using alt+F4 and it may have been in the middle of my macro. I know you can't open the hold when the boat is moving, but is it possible to recall onto it while its moving? My fault either way as I was rushing out of work instead of properly stopping the macro and logging out.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I believe you can recall into it while moving.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Looks like I will just have to refresh and empty it daily and log out properly every time to make sure this doesn't happen again. This actually happened once before and I though I might have forgotten to refresh but now I am more suspicious lol. Thanks Pirul and mrbojangles.

Cheers
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

i defiantly refreshed my boat in the middle of the ocean last friday logged in yesterday same problem was unable to recall of the key i have had the boat for 3 years +
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

iamreallysquall wrote:i defiantly refreshed my boat in the middle of the ocean last friday logged in yesterday same problem was unable to recall of the key i have had the boat for 3 years +
I've noticed a few people have brought this up in irc the last week. Perhaps there is something more going on here?

I've heard unsubstantiated rumors of exploits involving stealing ships, going back for years.

For the record, both of you guys had your boats in Britannia, not the lost lands?
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

iamreallysquall: I am sorry to hear about this but at least now I know I am not the only one. The mystery continues . . . lol

mrbojangles: Yup, both of my ships disappeared from the oceans of Britainia. The first was a regular small the most recent a large dragon ship.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

theuodealer

Post by theuodealer »

I keep a notepad file with the last date and time of refreshing houses + boats and claiming/re-stabling pets. Because of that I don't have to do it more often than is absolutely necessary, I never second guess myself about these things, and I never lose anything. It's a small effort with a pretty big payout. I recommend it to everyone.

I didn't see it mentioned in this thread but not having the anchor dropped could also make boats disappear in T2A long before their normal decay. If this is actually a bug though then I hope it's fixed quickly.
A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. ~Muhammad Ali

Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors - try to be better than yourself. ~William Faulkner

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

theuodealer wrote:I keep a notepad file with the last date and time of refreshing houses + boats and claiming/re-stabling pets. Because of that I don't have to do it more often than is absolutely necessary, I never second guess myself about these things, and I never lose anything. It's a small effort with a pretty big payout. I recommend it to everyone.

I didn't see it mentioned in this thread but not having the anchor dropped could also make boats disappear in T2A long before their normal decay. If this is actually a bug though then I hope it's fixed quickly.
Great idea! Thank you.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

mine was not in t2a and i had the anchor dropped for a long time. i was refreshing my boat every 7 out of 14 no way i missed it. i recalled to that boat morning of the the 6th used the copy + checked for the refreshed message recalled back home refreshed other stuff at the same time which has no decayed so yeah confusion. was a small normal boat.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I decided to get a fresh boat. I will refresh, empty and drop anchor every night to see if this problem persists.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

WiseOne wrote:I am sure I refreshed my boat this week but this morning I came to find both my fisherman on a random island and recalling from the key gives me "I cannot recall from that object". Like I said I am fairly certain that the boat was refreshed this week so I am wondering is there anything else that could be causing this?
your boat either Decayed, (this would strand your fishers on the nearest Island)
or
it was stolen due to an unlocked Plank, (this would strand your fishers on the nearest Island)

if the key was in the hold .. your boat is lost!

if the Key was not left on the boat, i would take my key to the Lost Lands and see if the Thieves stashed the boat There!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room