New to UO (and I mean new). Have a few questions.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Xyvilai

New to UO (and I mean new). Have a few questions.

Post by Xyvilai »

Hello to everyone, and this game is awesome, wish I had played it in its heyday.

First, is there a way to disable the messages that keep popping up on the lower left hand side of the screen and instead just go with the journal entries. I know they display the same info, but for some reason I prefer the journal instead of having both.Another thing is, can you change the font lettering on the journal? Because some of the fonts are like light yellow/light green and not very visible. Also, does anyone know a self-bandage macro/hotkey? And what's the purpose of having several different pouches/cotainers (to prevent theft, to be more organized, etc.)? Again, I have been playing for about a week and just getting the gist of everything, so feel free to post how dumb this questions are, but I'd rather see your helpul info. I have a lot of questions, but just asking this for now. All I've been doing now is Blacksmithing, Mining, Tailoring, Carpentry, Tinkering, Lumberjacking, and a little bit of Inscription and Item ID. Thanks for any helpul input and I love this game.
Xyvilai

Wulver

Re: New to UO (and I mean new). Have a few questions.

Post by Wulver »

Welcome! you can change color of font by clicking options on your paper doll. I am not sure about stopping the txt pop up on lower left hand side.

I use multiple bags for organization and ease of looting for when i get murdered. I dont want to be a prick and waste the time of those cool red guys, they have a challenging task of killing the unarmed.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Welcome to UOSA!

I don't think you can prevent the messages from appearing on the left side of the screen, but what you CAN do is change the color of your journal so the light fonts can be clear. If you'd like to do that PM Light Shade here on forums or Lightshade on IRC (Lightshade here on forums is another guy).

The main reason why people carry multiple pouches is to trap them using the magic trap spell in case someone casts paralyse on you, you can open one of the pouches and break the paralyse with only a 1hp damage.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Xyvilai

Post by Xyvilai »

Thanks a lot Wulver and thanks a lot Pirul.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

If you're using the UOSA client, there's mod's that'll make the journal darker. Derrick just asks that you don't post pictures of any client mod's on the forums. Whereas changing the journal images to make them darker doesn't affect the gameplay, it ruins the nostalgic era-accurate feel of things when looking at pictures. :)
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Return to “New Player Help”