New player questions

Moderator: Support Moderators

Martell

New player questions

Post by Martell »

A couple of questions from a 12 year old UO player but noob to UO2A.

1- How active are the Role Playing guilds?
2- How does the poisoning skill work? Do we just put the poison on weapon and attack vigorously or serpent strike is in the game?
3- Is it possible to make money with this build, which I plan to play only.

Alchemy - Poison - Fencing - Tactics - Anatomy - Healing - Resisting Spells

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: New player questions

Post by Light Shade »

Martell wrote:A couple of questions from a 12 year old UO player but noob to UO2A.

1- How active are the Role Playing guilds?
2- How does the poisoning skill work? Do we just put the poison on weapon and attack vigorously or serpent strike is in the game?
3- Is it possible to make money with this build, which I plan to play only.

Alchemy - Poison - Fencing - Tactics - Anatomy - Healing - Resisting Spells
This shard's rules are from back before November 23rd, 1999, so much of what you know isn't the same here.

1.) There are a few RP'ers, like the Urks and the Savages[SvG] among others. The savages seem the be more active at this time.
2.) There are no "Serpent Strikes" or anything like that on this shard. You use poisoning to poison weapons. It does not increase the level of poison to have poisoning on your characters skill levels. It is the same for everyone who uses the weapon. It does NOT increase the magery poison spell.
3.) This template is not a very good fielding template on this shard. I know some dexxers that run with poisoning, but they take lots of practice to be effective. The best PvP template is what is called a Tank Mage. Just search the forums to see that template.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Martell

Post by Martell »

Found the NPC to train with. Apparently, best idea is to go to Jhelom, hire a NPC fighter and whack him while healing. You'll need a way to be invisible though.

Martell

Post by Martell »

Light Shade wrote: 3.) This template is not a very good fielding template on this shard. I know some dexxers that run with poisoning, but they take lots of practice to be effective. The best PvP template is what is called a Tank Mage. Just search the forums to see that template.
Well, I'm not planning serious PvPing, as I'm really new to the shard and play style. I'm more keen on RPing, so that would be my character with his personality and skills. I was just wondering how I could make money, silver kryssing liches perhaps?

Martell

Post by Martell »

One more thing, on other people's screenshots I see snow around Skara Brae? How is that even possible? Is it an UOAM function?

Return to “New Player Help”