Bard Eval Question

Moderator: Support Moderators

Oggog

Bard Eval Question

Post by Oggog »

Well into making my first toon on this server, a bard.

Planning Music/Provoke/Wrestling/Magery/Med/Resist and.. something. Maybe lockpicking.

My bard experience in the past is about 6 months on a less accurate t2a shard, I would provoke monsters and unleash Blade Spirits and EVs, not relying much on direct damage spells. So can if I plan to do that can I get away with 0 eval?

Eval does not make summons stronger correct?

Thanks

Pirul

Re: Bard Eval Question

Post by Pirul »

You can most definitely get away with 0 eval.

Correct.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Oggog

Post by Oggog »

I thank you.

Batterdhart

Post by Batterdhart »

I know that some think I am crazy, but playing Bards on old OSI servers, I ran them like this:
Music
Provoke
Peace (makes life a little easier to peace non aggressive stuff after provoking)
Mage
Med (on this server, everyone I've seen GMs Med with the liquor trick, but I still dont see too much value)
Eval (On this server, unless you are going to pVp with the bard, not sure id go eval)
Resist

Now, learning the differences between this server and the original, I'll say adjustments can be made. It seems that REDs are pretty knowledgable about taming/provoking spots. So eval could be dropped for wrestle and eval could be dropped for lockpicking.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

mage med eval (mage) music provoke (bard) wrestling resist (survival) imo ;0 if your getting lock picking then might as well make the the bard i hate with carto and gm lockpicking so you can do level 5's. before that you need 95 lockpicking and 60 detect hide to pick level 5 chest. but for just your average bard i use the above i have been pked once and the character was like 3xgm with non finished stats so yeah. eval is nice for last hitting when doing tmaps with friends or using a alt to dig the chest, you also never know when when you may be farming and two people wind up fighting run past you and might be able to finish them off with a ebolt or explode they never saw coming. Med most defiantly has value especially if your dropping summons that eat like half our mana pool med helps your passive and active mana regen rate 0 med sucks with 100 int, my scout template has 0 med and gm magery and its horrible waiting for it to tick back up even from 50/100 . you would want to med right after you drop a ev or bs back up to full for sure. in regards to the "liqour trick" i dont really see the point if your spending 50k+ on regs to gm magery from either 50 starting skills or whatever even if you buy med up to 28 from a npc the order you will gm your skills if you macro properly will be med/magery/ resist you will be 90 some odd resist by the time you gm magery, if you swapped your spells and adjusted your meditation lines every 1.0 - 5.0 gains and had your stats done ahead of time you can get 0-50 some odd resist just running in a firefield with a noob bandaid alt banding you with free bandaids from sheering sheep. also gm music first so you always pass your music check takes about two hours of running a macro of just double clicking instrument with 0 pause. also i am not mistaken the current delay on a failed provoke is still 5 seconds and 10 seconds on sucess unless it was changed in the last 3 patches i dont remember i vague recall discussion about it .
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Samorite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Samorite »

You can have 0 eval on a bard but what I have found is when your left with on monster left it takes ages to finish them off with spells

I am gonna drop hiding for eval

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

i also meant to mention that 100 points for peacemake is waste when you share the same cool down as provoke and same goes for hiding you can just cast invisbility or use invis jewerly which is really cheap
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Return to “New Player Help”