Stealing while not in thieves guild viable?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Ziggy Stardust

Stealing while not in thieves guild viable?

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

While my player is gm stealing gm hiding and some stealth, is it possible to make gold or have fun stealing from monsters or npcs/containers?

Daemonne

Re: Stealing while not in thieves guild viable?

Post by Daemonne »

I don't believe it's very lucrative on NPCs and containers. You may want to add Lockpicking to your skills and hit dungeon chests to help suppliment the income.

Ziggy Stardust

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Thanks for the tip.. i know some monsters such as blood eles / gazers who carry 700 gold plus a weap/ gem.. if i do a drive by on the mob i know i can prolly get 8-10 stones which is 400-500 ish in gold if i'm lucky.. is this even worth the bother.. it could possibly clear out a spawn if someone is hogging it.. probably a stupid idea or an excuse to get killed : ) any thoughts guys ?

Daemonne

Post by Daemonne »

Actually, come to think of it, I personally am unsure if ALL mobs are pickable. You may want to wiki research that.

Ziggy Stardust

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=17519

apparently you can but it is a random amount.. some guy claims he used to hit the lich lord rooms steal from it and try to speed loot it for the other half... seems like it'd be timely but a total griefer move.. they probably would assume you're in the thieves guild and possibly try and murder you and get a surprise count.. kinda griefer ish yet fun.. im not really that type of player but to send him in with a little heal regs and mess with people may be fun.. again not a griefer but interested! 100 str with a little resist and some healing regs might be something fun to do out of the norm when hunting gets old..

Return to “New Player Help”