On line and few questions

Moderator: Support Moderators

Venitas

On line and few questions

Post by Venitas »

Hi Guys. Few question from new player

1. Is this on line on the web page real? I coudlnt find it is as big. Prove me wrong than. What is the busiest place? Where i can meet the most players?

2. I do understand it is stricte pvm pvp serwer. Any rpg is not present. Old times when i used to do it.

3. Do you have any magic items up here? Or it is stricte simply serwer without any specials?

4. I do understand statcap is 300 or 225? and skillcap 700?

5. Is hunger have anything to skill/ stats gains?

thanks for answers

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: On line and few questions

Post by Soma »

Venitas wrote:1. Is this on line on the web page real? I coudlnt find it is as big. Prove me wrong than. What is the busiest place? Where i can meet the most players?
If you're referring to the server status number, yes it is real and displayed in realtime. However this is how many clients are connected, while it shows 520 clients currently, there are about 311 unique IPs logged in.

Code: Select all

Server: RunUO 2.1  Mobiles:202715  Items:8747117  Guilds:968  Online:519  IP's:311 (967 today) Uptime: 22:03
Busy places attract thieves, most players avoid busy places for that reason.
Venitas wrote:2. I do understand it is stricte pvm pvp serwer. Any rpg is not present. Old times when i used to do it.
There are a several RPG guilds, Savages and Urks to name a few.
Venitas wrote:3. Do you have any magic items up here? Or it is stricte simply serwer without any specials?
We do have the regular magic weapons/armor. However if by magic items you mean runic/imbued weapons, then no.
Venitas wrote:4. I do understand statcap is 300 or 225? and skillcap 700?
Statcap is 225
Skillcap is 700
Venitas wrote:5. Is hunger have anything to skill/ stats gains?
Hunger does not have anything to do with skill/stat gains.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Venitas

Post by Venitas »

magic items i meant mostly faster hit recovery/ faster casting etc. Power scrolls? i do understand they are not here.

I do understand you can easy drop skills by toggle arrow down from unneeded skill/ stat?

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Venitas wrote:magic items i meant mostly faster hit recovery/ faster casting etc. Power scrolls? i do understand they are not here.
No power scrolls, no faster hit, no faster casting.
Venitas wrote:I do understand you can easy drop skills by toggle arrow down from unneeded skill/ stat?
Correct.

Venitas

Post by Venitas »

Thanks for answers from start;) Next few questions than ;)

Do you have any other metals or just iron?

Is anatomy adding anything to live?

Is meditation has anything to do with spell costs?

Is anything skill blocks? I mean let say magery eval blocks you from having fencing.

What kind of skins ( from animals ) we can obtain? I mean is it only one or dragons, demons skins etc with different skills/ stats

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Venitas wrote:Do you have any other metals or just iron?
Iron, Dull Copper, Shadow, Copper, Bronze, Golden, Agapite, Verite and
Valorite.
Venitas wrote:Is anatomy adding anything to live?
Anatomy adds +20% to all weapon damage, and increases the effectiveness of healing by +50% (?)
Venitas wrote:Is meditation has anything to do with spell costs
Meditation does not effect spell costs, it increases the regeneration of mana.
Venitas wrote:Is anything skill blocks? I mean let say magery eval blocks you from having fencing.
No, there aren't skills which will block you from having others.
Venitas wrote:What kind of skins ( from animals ) we can obtain? I mean is it only one or dragons, demons skins etc with different skills/ stats
We do not have special skins (Barbed, Thorned etc), only the regular hides.

Wulver

Post by Wulver »

What strange things he speaks of, must be a demon!

Venitas

Post by Venitas »

Magic items which you mentioned. What kind of them we can find? Sorry for massive questions but try to find out what this server is offering;) And on top of it the best question which everybody love;p Is a balance present or mage is poor warrior good or opposite. ? Question is only that the balance is more likely present.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Regarding magic weapons and armor, there are 5 "levels" for each attribute. Weapons have 3 attributes: Durability, Damage, and Tactics modifier. Armor have 2 attributes: Durability and Defense

see http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Item_ID

As for balance b/w warriors and mages. It seems everybody complains that the balance is in the favor of tank mages, but most people who argue this are almost certainly people who trained up a warrior to 7x GM, went out on the field, got pwnt, and immediately blamed their template. A well equipped warrior controlled by somebody who actually knows what their doing is at LEAST as powerful as a tank mage. Arguably it perhaps takes a bit more "equipment" to run a warrior. In a fight with a tank mage, if the tank mage fails to kill the warrior with an initial mana dump, then the warrior will generally be in control of that fight (unless the person who plays the warrior lacks playing skill).

In summary: the balance is just fine. It is your personal PvP skill level is the #1 factor in how competitive you will be as a warrior OR a mage.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Venitas

Post by Venitas »

Thanks again for some answers guys. Here comes another

1. Poison - is poison for mage adding anything ? or straight away on 100 you may be able to poison somebody with deadly poison?

2. tactics for mage - is it needed or not really?

3.is it worth to have any leather/mail on mage or not really?

4.Hunger - is it any point to feed my character? Or doesnt really matter?

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

1. Poison only good for poisoning "sharp" weapons--does not affect the poison spell at all
2. Tactics is a must if you have any combat skill at all (0 tactics = -50% base damage, 100 tactics = +50% base damage)
3. No it's not worth wearing armor due to the huge hit you take on mana regeneration rate. (that's my opinion at least)
4. the ONLY thing being well fed does is increase your hit point regeneration rate to a maximum of 1 hit point per 6 seconds (too slow to help much in a fight). HOWEVER, it is nice to keep food around b/c each time you eat some you get ~7 points of stamina back, so it's kind of like a lesser Refresh potion. Of course, you can only eat so much before you are full. Many people use fish steaks, but those people don't know what they are doing b/c fish steaks fill you up a lot and give you the same amount of stamina as something that you can eat a LOT more of (like apples, grapes, etc.)
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Return to “New Player Help”