GM taming
GM animal lore
GM vet
GM magery
GM mediation
GM hiding
50 eval int
50 musicianship (decayed)

I plan to GM resist, but am wondering if I should go with parrying or wrestling instead of eval? Do you need to have your own weapon to parry? Or a shield?

I can dump hiding because I have the invis spell
Last edited by randale on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oggog

Re: Parrying or Wrestling

Post by Oggog »

Im not the oldest or wisest or oldest player but... Definately not parry, most people will say wrestling.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Yes, wrestling...and your template will be identical to mine if you drop both eval and music for wrestling.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

randale

Post by randale »

Pirul wrote:Yes, wrestling...and your template will be identical to mine if you drop both eval and music for wrestling.
Wrestling just increases the chance of you NOT being interrupted casting a spell when you are hit, correct? Doesn't parrying give their attack a chance to miss you totally?

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

randale wrote:
Pirul wrote:Yes, wrestling...and your template will be identical to mine if you drop both eval and music for wrestling.
Wrestling just increases the chance of you NOT being interrupted casting a spell when you are hit, correct? Doesn't parrying give their attack a chance to miss you totally?
I don't know who told you that.

Wrestling lowers you chance to get hit while unarmed. If you get hit while casting a spell you will be interrupted. No skill can save you from that.

Wrestling wiki: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Wrestling
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Parry reduces the damage you take from hits, if you're wearing a shield. It's been a while, so I don't remember if reduction to 0 makes the hits not disrupt your casting... but in any case, you can't cast with a shield in your hand anyways so it's kind of a moot point. Absolutely remove Eval/Music and put in Wrestling.

randale

Post by randale »

Xandorf wrote:
randale wrote:

Wrestling lowers you chance to get hit while unarmed. If you get hit while casting a spell you will be interrupted. No skill can save you from that.

Maybe that's what they meant, chance not to get interrupted because you don't get hit :)

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

randale wrote:
Xandorf wrote:
randale wrote:

Maybe that's what they meant, chance not to get interrupted because you don't get hit :)
How you figure, read it lol...
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

Return to “New Player Help”