dexxer bard template - need some opinions/thoughts

Moderator: Support Moderators

olsyke

dexxer bard template - need some opinions/thoughts

Post by olsyke »

hi there, first post.
just started out on this shard, and never played in this kind of ruleset, yet im not all new to the game.

i got pretty easily talked into making a bard as first character , just to fund my future chars, but i wanted to try something different than the usual bard mage for pvm and this is what i came up with:

Music
Provo
Swords
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing 80
Parry 70
Magery 50

100str 75stam 50 int

and yes, no resisting but i could be talked into it if it turns out to be a "must have" in this discussion.

what im trying to do here, is relying heavily on provocation, but also utilize magery for bladespirits or Ev's and yet being able to dish out quite some damage on my own, toe to toe . with some parrying , healing and magery heals for added survivability.

im somewhat set on this kind of template, but i really would like to hear some opinions. oh and this is strictly for PVM, recalling out as soon as reds pop out of nowhere.

i havent taken any armor / equipment into consideration since i dont really know yet what sort of stuff is available here.

but yea thanks in advance for some input.

Oggog

Re: dexxer bard template - need some opinions/thoughts

Post by Oggog »

If you want to do warrior bard, which it seems you do.. I would :

GM
Swords
Tactics
Healing
Anatomy
Music
Provoke

+ however much magery you can gain without meditation. The rest into hiding or whatever.

Parry is wasted points I think. You will use provo to keep big mobs off of you.

I would stay 100 str 100 dex 25 int. Use recall scrolls to guarantee your recall doesnt fizzle in the field.

It would be ok for a first character or if its fun for you. Just dont fight antything that casts super hard.

Return to “New Player Help”