New Player Questions: Bard, Hotkeys, Character Name etc.

Moderator: Support Moderators

JareX

New Player Questions: Bard, Hotkeys, Character Name etc.

Post by JareX »

Hi, Although I created my account 1 year ago, I'm a new player.

Thus I have absolutely no money. And my knowledge about UO is around average. (Specially lacking razor and macro knowledge)

I decided to make a Bard, because is cheap, and it earns money. But i want it to be a dexer bard, not a mage bard (since I have no money to raise magery, and I enjoy a dexer over a mage.

So, I'm here to ask for help, and I need the following Information:

1)I need a good Dexer Template (And if you can tell me if a Dexer Bard is a viable option or not)

2)I want to know which skills and stats should I choose on character creation to be more effective

3)Any tips you can give me for a newbie bard.

Thanks in advance, and specially thanks to the admins and creators of this amazing shard!
Last edited by JareX on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirul

Re: New Player: ¿Dexer Bard Template?

Post by Pirul »

1.- Welcome to UOSA!

2.- Viable: yes, great: no. If you twisted my arm and I had to do one, I'd do:
Music
Provo
Swds
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
50 mage
50 hiding (or something else)

3.- 10 STR
35 INT
35 DEX

50 mage
50 provo

4.- Tips:
- Stick to places with fast spawn and multiple mobs, ie: orc forts, shame air ele's, some lich spawns (particularly LL's), mage towers (shame and fire)
- Always hit the strongest monster, you don't want to be left alone against the strongest guy (particularly if it's magical or can melee poison ie. poison eles, ophid avengers, etc.)
- Bank early and bank often.
- Make money, drop the dexxing part and make him a full mage bard. :P
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

JareX

Post by JareX »

Thanks for your help!

another question would be: Fencing, Mace or Sword?

I like fencing, but seems is not so good on this server is it?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Each wep skill has it's pro's and con's. I always recomend swords for a variety of reasons:

- It has cheap decent weapons: power broadswords run for as little as 500gps, and should not be worth more than 2k.
- It has a wide variety of decent weapons: katana, broadsword, cutlass, scmitar and viking sword are all good 1 handed weps, and (if cycled properly) the hally is simply the best 2 handed wep in the game.
- It has the fastest (katana) and hardest hitting (halbred) weapons in the game.

JareX

Post by JareX »

Thanks, I guess questions are still coming to my mind :P :

1) Is Parrying a good skill to have (PvP or PVM, Dexer or Mage)

2) Do stat or skill scrolls exist on this shard?

3) Is to possible to have more than 100 of a given stat? How?

4) Can you recommend me any guide or sample of the most useful or must have razor's macros please?

thanks for the help!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

JareX wrote:1) Is Parrying a good skill to have (PvP or PVM, Dexer or Mage)
I personally like it, some people don't. Also, only viable on a dexxer, and I use it for both PvP and PvM.
JareX wrote:2) Do stat or skill scrolls exist on this shard?
No
JareX wrote:3) Is to possible to have more than 100 of a given stat? How?
Yes, you can enhance your stats temporarily using magery (bless, strength, agility, etc), using magically charged items or using potions. Of these greater strength and greater agility potions will provide a higher stat bonus than magery or charged items, however, there is no potion for INT, and you'd have to rely on Bless or Cunning to raise your INT.
JareX wrote:4) Can you recommend me any guide or sample of the most useful or must have razor's macros please?
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=36806 <- that guide has some, otherwise look at the skill by skill guides for good macros for each.

JareX

Post by JareX »

thx for all the info, it has been very helpful!

JareX

Post by JareX »

I have yet another question!

When I'm fighting mobs, for targeting them I use the ingame macros like this:

F3 Key: Select Next: Mobile
F4 Key: Attack Last

I also use:
F2 Key: Bandage Self
F1 Key: Last object / wait for target / last target

thats pretty much the shotcut keys I use for battle.

Can someone guide me, or show me, any other more efficient macros for battling (Dexer PVM)

JareX

Post by JareX »

Ok, I will work on my hotkeys in the future.

Now I have another questions regarding character name and

1) I see you can have a max of 3 accounts. Can you create a e-mail link to those accounts? (So that I don't forget the username and to recover password if I forget)

2) I created my first accounts here one year ago. I remember 2 out of 3 account user names. but I forgot what was the third username. So I just created another account. Now I have 3 accounts that I log in into. I'm not even sure I created this 3rd account back then. If, for any reason, this was the case, stricktly speaking I would have been logged in 4 accounts so far. (but currently I only have acces to 3 of them, cause I dont remember the 4th username, it doesnt matter anyways since it only had 1 recently created character)...Could this be a problem? am I breaking the law?

3)IMPORTANT: I just created 2 characters with the same name on different accounts, and I was logged in with the two of them at the same time. is this normal? does that mean that a lot of people can be named with the same character name? Like having 6 people with a "Dexer" character name?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

JareX wrote:Ok, I will work on my hotkeys in the future.
There is no clear cut guide to hotkeys, just whatever feels best for you. I personally target with my mouse. Mouse wheel up is last target, Mouse wheel down is target self, mouse lateral button (1) is attack last, mouse lateral button (2) is target nearest red. All my other targetting is done manually.
JareX wrote:1) I see you can have a max of 3 accounts. Can you create a e-mail link to those accounts? (So that I don't forget the username and to recover password if I forget)
You should get a message to register your e-mail to each account. Using the same e-mail for all 3, as well as for MyUOSA has benefits, as it will link your characters on MyUOSA upon log in there.
JareX wrote:2) I created my first accounts here one year ago. I remember 2 out of 3 account user names. but I forgot what was the third username. So I just created another account. Now I have 3 accounts that I log in into. I'm not even sure I created this 3rd account back then. If, for any reason, this was the case, stricktly speaking I would have been logged in 4 accounts so far. (but currently I only have acces to 3 of them, cause I dont remember the 4th username, it doesnt matter anyways since it only had 1 recently created character)...Could this be a problem? am I breaking the law?
I wouldn't be too worried about it. If you do remember the lost accounts username, then e-mail Derrick just so he knows, and don't use the account again.
JareX wrote:3)IMPORTANT: I just created 2 characters with the same name on different accounts, and I was logged in with the two of them at the same time. is this normal? does that mean that a lot of people can be named with the same character name? Like having 6 people with a "Dexer" character name?
Go to http://my.uosecondage.com/ and search "chumbucket".

You can have all 15 of your chars named the same, and have 3 of them logged in at once.

JareX

Post by JareX »

Pirul wrote:
There is no clear cut guide to hotkeys, just whatever feels best for you. I personally target with my mouse. Mouse wheel up is last target, Mouse wheel down is target self, mouse lateral button (1) is attack last, mouse lateral button (2) is target nearest red. All my other targetting is done manually.
Yeah, I think I will slowly work on my hotkeys, as I'm getting the feeling of the game.
Pirul wrote:
JareX wrote:1) I see you can have a max of 3 accounts. Can you create a e-mail link to those accounts? (So that I don't forget the username and to recover password if I forget)
You should get a message to register your e-mail to each account. Using the same e-mail for all 3, as well as for MyUOSA has benefits, as it will link your characters on MyUOSA upon log in there.
Weird, I don't remember getting any register message ¿Maybe im already registered with those 3 accounts? :S)

What is MyUOSA? (i will check myself now)
Pirul wrote:
JareX wrote:2) I created my first accounts here one year ago. I remember 2 out of 3 account user names. but I forgot what was the third username. So I just created another account. Now I have 3 accounts that I log in into. I'm not even sure I created this 3rd account back then. If, for any reason, this was the case, stricktly speaking I would have been logged in 4 accounts so far. (but currently I only have acces to 3 of them, cause I dont remember the 4th username, it doesnt matter anyways since it only had 1 recently created character)...Could this be a problem? am I breaking the law?
I wouldn't be too worried about it. If you do remember the lost accounts username, then e-mail Derrick just so he knows, and don't use the account again.
Ok thanks, i will check this now.
Pirul wrote:
JareX wrote:3)IMPORTANT: I just created 2 characters with the same name on different accounts, and I was logged in with the two of them at the same time. is this normal? does that mean that a lot of people can be named with the same character name? Like having 6 people with a "Dexer" character name?
Go to http://my.uosecondage.com/ and search "chumbucket".

You can have all 15 of your chars named the same, and have 3 of them logged in at once.
Ok, this is something I don't like. If there are 2 or more ppl with the same name, and one of them breaks a game/server law, or just harras/spam/insults. it will get the blame on all the characters with that name. I don't understand the reason behing this.

thanks for all your help again.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

JareX wrote:Ok, this is something I don't like. If there are 2 or more ppl with the same name, and one of them breaks a game/server law, or just harras/spam/insults. it will get the blame on all the characters with that name. I don't understand the reason behing this.
You have little to nothing to worry about. IF someone does break a rule, they match their IP to their account, so if you haven't done anything, you're good. In other words, Admin here will dig much deeper than character name to ban someone.

JareX

Re: New Player Questions: Bard, Hotkeys, Character Name etc.

Post by JareX »

I have found the source of my problem now.

I have 3 accounts:

Account 1
Account 2
Account 3

1) I registered Account 2 and account 3 with my e-mail 1 year ago.

2) I realize now that I don't have 4 accounts, I didn't forgot the name of it, its just the same name of my 1st account, in this case "account 1". I can check this because the 3 accounts says: "This account is 300 days old".

3)BUT when I log into MyUOSA I only see the character in the Account 2 and Account 3. Also, when I checked my email, I had the verification code for my Account 2 and Account 3. The problem is that I tried to set the same Email to my Account 1, but it said: "You have already registered your email adress". In other words, I submited another mail for that account (but I don't know wich one, I checked my other mails (I only have 3 in total) and couldn't find the verification mail in any of them. I want to have my 3 accounts linked to one single email. so the questions is: How do I change my associated email from my "Account 1" to match the other accounts? or is there any other way to add that account to MyUOSA?

Pirul

Re: New Player Questions: Bard, Hotkeys, Character Name etc.

Post by Pirul »

That I am not qualified to answer. E-mail Derrick, and I'm sure he'll be able to answer your question when he has time.

JareX

Post by JareX »

Ok, thanks, I will PM him about the issue.

Pirul wrote:

What do you mean with attack last? attack last combatant? or attack last target?

what do you mean with target neared red? attack closest enemy? enemy humanoid? or murderer?

sorry for the confusion