Death inside a house

Moderator: Support Moderators

Feenicks

Death inside a house

Post by Feenicks »

I have just had 2 of my characters macroing in my small house killed. Granted the murderer wasn't on the ban list but the house wasn't public and they didn't have the key. Nobody followed me in whilst the door was open either. Can anyone please tell me how this is possible so I can stop it from happening again?

Xandorf

Re: Death inside a house

Post by Xandorf »

Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Would need more informamtion relative to the circumstances of the death, but I can throw up 2 theories on how you died.

Theory 1.- Meteor Swarm and Chain lightning can be targetted on the walls of a small house, and they each have a 3 tile radius, meaning they can damage anything on the wall, and 2 tiles into the house. The only safe spot in a small house is the exact center tile.

Theory 2.- You were macroing magery, tactics or some weapon skill which results in your characters taking damage. Someone then used the Earthquake spell just before you took damage, and you effectively gave yourself the killing blow.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Feenicks

Post by Feenicks »

Yep, Chain Lightning/Meteor Swarm would have done it. Cheers guys. Lesson learned and all that.

Feenicks

Post by Feenicks »

Ok now I've had this happen again but whilst I was there watching. I was stood in the centre square of the 8x8 house but was getting meteor stormed to death by Hardcore. She's got tracking and was waiting hidden. I logged off to prevent the death but everytime I logged in she started again. How can this happen when I'm in the centre square?

Feenicks

Post by Feenicks »

sorry 7x7 house

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

It's also possible, or so I hear, if your house is in an area where another player can be on a different Z, they may be able to target under the house. This could be the case if your house were next to water (i.e. they're in a boat) or if there's a hill or valley close enough to your house.

Return to “New Player Help”