Stat gains and skill cap

Moderator: Support Moderators

eggmona

Stat gains and skill cap

Post by eggmona »

Hello everyone,

I recently set out to make a new character, and having enough gold to "seesaw" I thought I would give it a try this time around. Everything went as expected; I bought up to 700 real skill points. Locked everything, used herding and camping to do the seesaw.

After grabbing like 10 branches, I gained up until 10 camping. Then I pointed it down, and went to gain herding. This was remarkably easy; as trees are somewhat common in Britain, I could easily keep 10 kindling and run to the stables in time for the switch. very fast gains.

However, I noticed something when nearing the end of my work. (note: this method actually only took me less than an hour to get into the 90s).

I started getting gains --when there was no skill points able to gain--. What the heck?

Recently I was looking around on the forums for a guide to seesaw, and I thought I had read a post or two, including derrick's post, about how they had patched this to not be the case. In other words, you needed to be able to gain a skill point to gain stats points.

Right now I am sitting here doing herding, maxing out on int and strength. Everything is locked, I am at 700 skill points. No skills are able to gain at the moment ( I am not seesawing). I just gained 12 str from doing exactly this.

I suppose this might be old news, as I have just confirmed it on T2A wiki. But I think I will still post this here, in hopes that some other noobs like me find it and save themselves a lot of time for gaining stats :)

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Stat gains and skill cap

Post by Light Shade »

Yup, good knowledge for everyone. I used to forget it about it myself, as I would lapse into that "urban myth" mode and try see-sawing.

The UOSA Wiki is quite useful. :D

UOSA Wiki: Link to UOSA Wiki
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Return to “New Player Help”