[BARD] Peacemaking & Discordance

Moderator: Support Moderators

StegcO

[BARD] Peacemaking & Discordance

Post by StegcO »

Hi,

in T2A these skills are useful? I can't see template with Peace and Disco :)

Regards
StegcO .it
UO Player since DEC/2000
UO SA Italian Community

Many thanks to NEW Guild!

Pirul

Re: [BARD] Peacemaking & Discordance

Post by Pirul »

Hello, and welcome!

There are a couple of instances where Peacemaking and Discordance (Enticement) are useful. However, I'd only see them included in a secondary (or less) griefing character for gating out other people's pets, or peacing mobs provoed by a bard, things like that. It is not very useful for normal hunting, and things like that.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

StegcO

Post by StegcO »

Thanks for info :)

well peace i see only peace at area not on single target then maybe isn't useful use 100 point, but in a first tamer bard character isn't a good skill 100 disco to decrese power of mob?
StegcO .it
UO Player since DEC/2000
UO SA Italian Community

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Discordance basically orders an animal/monster where to go, it doesn't "decrese" it's power per se.

I have seen Peace Tamers, but I find it a waste of 200 skill points for something you can do with some knowledge of teh map and your surroundings.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

StegcO

Post by StegcO »

many thanks :)
StegcO .it
UO Player since DEC/2000
UO SA Italian Community

Killeshandra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Killeshandra »

I see no real use for discordance except luring someone's pet away. It only works on npc's to a limit so imo it's a total waste of points.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Peace has a few uses, it can help tamers keep control over pets in the case you need to gate out or traveling the lost lands in a pack to keep them from spawn. Or in the case against tamers to peace out mobs in order for them to cease from the commands to kill. Unless something else attacks them however they will still be able to use range attacks but they will not commit to melee. It is also good to stop pets from fighting when you train them against one another, or use them to train with.

Another use is in dungeons where you can peace out mobs in order to loot corpses quickly in dangerous areas, to peace monsters provoked or not and if you can position yourself to attack the spawn at the right time to bring your opponent into threat range before you essentially trap them in. You can use area of effect (explosion potions, field spells, or 7th circle) attacks to slap a few (or in the case of earthquake all) of the creatures out of their stupor or merely click their tabs.

Another use is allowing a stealther to hide even in the most dangerous areas or after being targeted. One reason many spam it in town or put it on their scouts/looters/rare hunters even as it allows for quicker travel and less annoyance through heavily populated dungeons or in the case of events where spawn could be tremendous.

You could also kite certain monsters to kill individually by peacing the rest while attacking one or if you want to lure it into an area where it can be tamed more safely without drawing the attention of other spawn. Using herding you could do this without drawing aggro on monsters that can be tamed to keep them from using ranged attacks. Some tamers use a stealth herder for that but the case in point is that is extremely slow.

And of course in combat where they will have to use attack last to reengage you.

You can probably think of others but I think its a versatile and very underrated skill.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “New Player Help”