How does a house go condemned?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Itachi
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

How does a house go condemned?

Post by Itachi »

I have a friend who has been refreshing his house and for some reason it collapsed. My question is how does a house go condemned?

Pirul

Re: How does a house go condemned?

Post by Pirul »

A house goes condemned when (a) the owner has been banned, or (b) the owner has not logged in to UOSA for the last 6mo. I believe it has to be the actual "owner" character that has to refresh at least once in 6 months.

With that said, I have also noticed some fluky behaviour in house wear. I don't have any concrete evidence, but I also lost some property which was included in my refresh rounds. Had it been one house, I'd put it down to my mistake for forgetting, or skipping over it, but when it was 4...
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Pirul wrote:I believe it has to be the actual "owner" character that has to refresh at least once in 6 months.
Have you alerted Derrick about this? My understanding of his patch for condemning was that this wasn't a requirement. If it's intentional, so be it. But I thought the intent was to require the account of the owner (not necessarily the character that owns it) to log in within 180 (or was it 90?) days, and that was it.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I have not PMed Derrick, because I do not have proof of it, one way or the other. I do believe it is 180 days for non-loggins and 90 for banned accounts.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

POTHEAD

Post by POTHEAD »

One time when i first started i had my brother hold my house, and i guess he got into a fight with his gf and i guess he went to the bathroom while in his log in screen and she deleted his guy who owned my house... My house went condemned, needless to say i was freaking out not knowing any other character on his account could transfer it back to me.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Pirul wrote:I have not PMed Derrick, because I do not have proof of it, one way or the other. I do believe it is 180 days for non-loggins and 90 for banned accounts.
Once an account is banned, all the houses tied to that account are auto condemned - at this point there is no way to refresh it unless the owner is unbanned within the two week period.

The 180-days for non-logins is correct, and I'm pretty sure it has to be the owner of the house, not a char on the account because they are seen as "co owners".
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Return to “New Player Help”