New Player

Moderator: Support Moderators

Moebius_Chuck

New Player

Post by Moebius_Chuck »

Hi everyone from Italy!
I was an avid UO player till 2004, played in a local shard, a loose T2A emulation with custom enhancements and open pvp/pking.
I am ready, after tried a lot of mmorpg in these 8 year, to resume the adventure in this shard that seems perfectly fitted!

The point is, i make no illusion, i know the beginning in T2A is really harsh. I readed the guides for starters, now im reading forums, but the main point is.

Is there something i can do before i finished macroing my first toon?
Do you remember how you made your first money?

Thank you if you feel like to shoot an answer or just a greeting, im looking forward to begin my adventure!

Marco/Moe

flokofcgulls
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: New Player

Post by flokofcgulls »

Hi, welcome to UOSA!

I'm fairly new here myself, my account is 28 days old as of this posting, so I thought I'd jump in and share a little bit of what I've learned in that time.

My research suggested that a bard was the quickest way to get up and running, so I made this character first, and found it to work out really well. I also like Vesper/Minoc as a starting area, they're two towns within running distance, with a moongate in between, so you have a little of everything close by.

This thread was helpful in figuring out how to get my bard started, plus there was some other interesting comments as well:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9576&view=next

This thread was helpful in figuring out where some good farming hotspots are located:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22653

I macro'd my musicianship and provoking skills at the stable in Minoc. I did get pk'd there a few times, but that's all part of the process right? ^_^ I know it's mentioned in there somewhere, but if you start this character with 1 point in musicianship, you get a newbie instrument that will stay in your bags when you die, and I have yet to break mine, which is super helpful.

You'll also want to get your strength and intelligence maxed out pretty early on, which can be done utilizing herding and spirit speak, as discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5322

If you're a plan-ahead thinker like me, you may also want to start working on a resource gatherer. I like to be totally self-sufficient, so I know I can go out and get anything I need in some way. This is a pretty straightforward build, discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=37896

Also, thinking ahead to crafting, it seems that you'll need two crafters if you want to be able to make anything you'd like, but this is more of a personal choice. I found this thread helpful for this:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5219

When it comes to figuring out what skills to work on, some are much easier than others, so ideally you want to start your points in the harder skills. Most of the template discussions cover this, but when in doubt, you can look here:
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Beginners_G ... rain_in.3F

This guide was more of an overall "getting started", which is a nice reference early on:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=36806

Hope that helps you get started!
[19:03] <@NewPlayerInfo> Don't forget to check out the website http://uonew.net
[19:03] <Azheman|work> Dont tell me what to do

milk

Post by milk »

I went around and collected wool from sheep. You can sell for bandages or just use yourself. You have to manually cut every bandage, so there is a market. You can macro the cutting so by the time your other characters are starting to get built up, you will have some money. Also, if you get half decent fighting skills, go fight liches and brigands between Yew and Brit. It is really good money for a newbie. Its pretty safe too. The occasional pk, but if you bank or hide your money regularly, you will be ok. I bought my first house before I was GM in any fighting skills. One big night of liches and brigands is all it took. Was fun too.

Itachi
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Itachi »

Mining is a nice way to get started as well. Relatively safe, decent money (ingots sell between 7-8 gp in forums). You should be able to make 10k an hour minimum if you start a character with 50 mining in Minoc. Good luck and welcome to UOSA.

StegcO

Post by StegcO »

Mandato P.M. :)
StegcO .it
UO Player since DEC/2000
UO SA Italian Community

Many thanks to NEW Guild!

Return to “New Player Help”