smelting macro help

Moderator: Support Moderators

el duderino

smelting macro help

Post by el duderino »

If I loop the below macro even after I open the container the gorgets are in so razor knows there there I just get the message "That is too far away" and sometimes it smelts the gorgets. My question is how do I get razor to smelt it every loop instead of half or less of the time?

Code: Select all

Double Click (smiths hammer(13E3))
Wait for Menu(Any)
MenuResponse 2
Pause .50sec
Target by Type platemail gorget(1413)
Pause 1.00sec

flokofcgulls
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: smelting macro help

Post by flokofcgulls »

I had a similar problem earlier this week while doing some tinkering.

I had a similar macro setup, to use the ingots in my bag, and had them set to "target by type", and it would work about half the time, and then give me the "that is too far away" error message, just like you described here.

I found a post (didn't keep the link) that said to change from "target by type" to "absolute target", and to set the "Auto-Queue Object Delay actions" setting in Razor to 1000ms (mine was set to 600ms by default). The object delay setting seemed to slightly improve the issue, and changing my target to absolute resolved it completely.

Unfortunately, in this case I don't think that would be a viable solution, since gear doesn't stack your absolute target will be constantly changing.

If that is indeed your problem, maybe someone more experienced with Razor might have a creative solution that I'm not currently aware of.
[19:03] <@NewPlayerInfo> Don't forget to check out the website http://uonew.net
[19:03] <Azheman|work> Dont tell me what to do

el duderino

Post by el duderino »

Well I already have my object delay set to 1000 milliseconds. My razor settings are all set up right. I always leave "Auto-Queue Object Delay actions" enabled on all my profiles as well. ill try just raising it to 1400 milliseconds on my crafter profile and give that a shot.

Duul al'Vath
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Duul al'Vath »

Your macro is "seeing" a gorget somewhere it can't get to. If you are doing this in your house make sure you don't have one on display anywhere. Also make sure you log out and back in to "erase" what razor has seen in other containers.

Thelonious Black and Otmar the Mad of the UBB
Arms & Armor by Thelonious Black

el duderino

Post by el duderino »

Duul al'Vath wrote:Your macro is "seeing" a gorget somewhere it can't get to. If you are doing this in your house make sure you don't have one on display anywhere. Also make sure you log out and back in to "erase" what razor has seen in other containers.
The whole logging out part is what I'm trying to avoid.

You see the macro I have for smelting has if statements which basically call the main macro to make make an item repeatedly if it cant find a gorget. The main macro calls the smelting macro if I get "items" or "weight" as a system message. It all seems to work flawlessly except the if statement in the smelting macro which keeps calling the main because it has trouble finding plate gorgets that are right in my inventory or in a chest next to me.

I'ts the same chest that i'm using for my organizer agent to store the gorgets so I know razor sees everything in it. It has to because it does smelt the gorgets. Just only does it 1 out of 10 times when it cycles through. My dream of fully afking smithing is crushed. Only 6 points to gm anyway.

Duul al'Vath
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Duul al'Vath »

Is there a reason you aren't smelting each gorget that you make?

A macro something like this:

smith gorget
if sys message "you create"
smelt gorget
end if

el duderino

Post by el duderino »

Duul al'Vath wrote:Is there a reason you aren't smelting each gorget that you make?

A macro something like this:

smith gorget
if sys message "you create"
smelt gorget
end if
Yeah I guess I was just trying to make it so it creates a whole chest full of an item before it starts smelting then calls the smithing macro again. I figured it would be faster gains and fully automated. I guess ill just do it the way you suggested.

Duul al'Vath
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Duul al'Vath »

You might be able to sneak the smelt in during the pause after the last step for smithing.

Return to “New Player Help”