Returning player

Moderator: Support Moderators

Ronmatic

Returning player

Post by Ronmatic »

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this post, please bear with me. I played UO in the late 90's, and dabbled a bit a couple years back, and was completely overwhelmed by all the changes I found in the game upon returning (Samurai's and Ninja's in leather armor, no plate??). I played some WoW, and found it very repetitive and boring. I just found this site for Second Age, and love what I see. I'm very soured out on the standard EA servers, as they seem low population and pretty much dead. My question is, can someone give me a brief on how this server operates? I understand it's a throwback to the good ol' Ultima days, which I'm very interested in, but is it active enough to still present a great experience? Any information from the local players will be appreciated, as I do want to get back into the game, and live out some of the best MMO experiences. Bottom line, the experience I'm looking for certainly hearkens back to the late 90's setup, with plate mail and reasonable skill caps; having said that, is this server a reasonable place to start? Recommendations?

Range

Re: Returning player

Post by Range »

Welcome back, I recently returned here too. The population seems stable although the numbers for online when you log in may be slightly misleading since you can have three accounts. PvP is common, ganking is common although in my limited time, they have not been terrible enough to chase me away from the game. I have been killed a few times at monster spawns and returned to my corpse with almost all of my stuff still there to include regs. The Hally Mage seems to be the main PvP template I have run into. I have just now finally started one of my own. I have not seen many RP'ers. Being killed while AFK is common so marco in isolated places. Lots of people around the Brit bank will help out a new player with starter gear and some gold. Tamers always are giving away mounts too.
Again, welcome.

Ronmatic

Re: Returning player

Post by Ronmatic »

Excellent, thank you for the reply. I'll definitely fire up my client and see how it plays out...I remember the heavy PvP action back in the day, the element of danger was always exciting. Thank you again, hope to see ya in game!

Return to “New Player Help”