Lockpicking - 'Real' Skill

Moderator: Support Moderators

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Lockpicking - 'Real' Skill

Post by nubnub »

I created a lockpicker and didn't see the recommendations to keep dex low until I had already snooped to 100 dex (player will also be a thief). So, I have picking at 93.1 'real' (with dex bonus displayed it is 95.0). I let a macro roll on gm tinker lock overnight with no gains, so, is it time to move on to dungeon chests or should I expect to gain on gm tinker locks to 95.0 'real' before going to dungeon lvl 4s?

Thanks -

nubnub

Malifice

Re: Lockpicking - 'Real' Skill

Post by Malifice »

Time to move on to dungeon chests
[08:48:36] <Derrick> I think that unfair heavy handed bans are the norm on the main channel

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

Let the fun begin, thanks very much!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

nubnub wrote:I created a lockpicker and didn't see the recommendations to keep dex low until I had already snooped to 100 dex (player will also be a thief). So, I have picking at 93.1 'real' (with dex bonus displayed it is 95.0). I let a macro roll on gm tinker lock overnight with no gains, so, is it time to move on to dungeon chests or should I expect to gain on gm tinker locks to 95.0 'real' before going to dungeon lvl 4s?

Thanks -

nubnub
Would highly recommend lowering your dex back down to 25 and macroing up to 94.7 real skill. It will save you quite a bit of time. 100 dex is pointless for a thief unless you are also using melee skills.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Return to “New Player Help”