New to this style of UO - could really use some tips!

Moderator: Support Moderators

Korick

New to this style of UO - could really use some tips!

Post by Korick »

Hello all,

I was a very active player within the Ultima Online community oh about 5 years or so ago but only played a certain "style" of UO2D. I played on the shards like Zulu Hotel and Chaotic Realm, I believe these were considered POL(?). I never really understood all the back end mechanics as I was just a casual player, but needless to say I have gotten the UO bug again. After a bit of research this certainly looks like the best option available but it is WAY different than I am used to playing. Thus my post, I need some help! I have browsed the forums and the "newb" guides but am still having trouble with a few pieces and was hoping the community could shed some light.

Vendor Selling
So in the UO I am used to, any vendor would buy anything. This is certainly not the case here. So just a few questions shown below.
- Can you sell cooked fish steaks to vendors? I have seen someone accept the raw form for 1GP but no one seems to want my cooked!
- Is there a "sell all" or "sell bag" command? From what I have seen you simply have to sell things 5 items at a time.

Making Mula
In my past UO lives I have always started a fisherman, macroed that, cooked the fish, and sold the resulting mass of cooked fish for enough gold to get started. Per my previous question, this isn't quite going as planned. So, the below questions / statements.
- I am currently lumberjacking and turning said logs into bows to sell to vendors. This has been working but is pretty slow going. Is there a better way to make cash with a low - non existent start up cost?
- How is the player buying market? I know resources are typically hot commodity (logs, ingots, etc.), but was wondering if there is a large concentration of player vendors that buy these? Or is trade best fulfilled via the forms?

I have plenty of other questions regarding the best way to create a character, where to hunt, and countless other things. But I figure I will start off with the basics and get a home base set up at least!

Thanks for any feedback or help.

Sincerely,
Korick

Korick

Re: New to this style of UO - could really use some tips!

Post by Korick »

Wow thank you for all of the great responses!

After getting killed in town several times by shit I don't even understand (I pick up a cupboard off of a would be PKers corpse and I die?) and having every scrap of gold stolen at ever turn, I've decided to go ahead and quit early. I now remember why the "UO bug" comes and goes so quickly... While it could be a great and fun experience, 9 out of 10 players are fucking assholes who get their jollies off taking advantage of new players for a whopping payout of 200 gold.

Thanks for the great experience on this shard.

Eisley

Post by Eisley »

lol

Populus

Post by Populus »

Well, that made my morning. lol
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

First rule of Razor = uncheck the "autosearch new containers" box.

That's why you died picking up the container on that would-be pker's corpse. :) It was tinker trapped and the autosearch function "opened" the box for you.

If 9 out of every 10 players you interacted with were assholes, I would say you are hanging out in the wrong areas. While there are PLENTY of assholes on UOSA, I would say the majority of players are very nice and helpful (or at least neutral, not assholes) on this shard.

This style of UO isn't for everyone. Sorry to see you go so quickly.

Return to “New Player Help”