New Player here, help with MedWarrior

Moderator: Support Moderators

Raikkonen

New Player here, help with MedWarrior

Post by Raikkonen »

Hey everyone, I'm relavtively new to the shard, working out a template for my warrior type character. I've never been much of a mage, but wanted to experiment with a MedWarrior build... I've read they are mostly PvP (which I suck at), but I'm curious if such a build can be viable for PvE as well? I had to accept that pure dexxers weren't really able to take down the big game solo, and have read about the archery gimp (but still love it!)
My question is, would this template be viable for what I need it for? Solo gaming, plus enough utility and offensive power (with patience) to take down bigger game? I know the template is gimped for any pure class (definately a hybrid), however I'm a pretty casual player, and love to RP. Thank you in advance!

100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Heal
100 Anat
100 Mage
100 Med
100 Archery

P.S. I just GM'ed my Blacksmith, willing to help anyone with armor or weapons etc. Let me know!

Pirul

Re: New Player here, help with MedWarrior

Post by Pirul »

Hello Kimi!

I'd fit in Resist in there (preferably dropping archery). A Dexxer is going to take a magical beating from monsters like liches and deamons...even air elementals will do much more damage without resist.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Raikkonen

Post by Raikkonen »

Thank you for the insight! And recognizing the F1 reference (definitely not RP suitable tho haha). I've read a lot of things about Archery, I used to love it back in the day and it saddens me that it's gimped here, but era accuracy has it's benefits and downfalls I suppose. I am happy that the MedWarrior has potential here, as I tend to avoid cookie cutter templates when I can (you'll never catch me with a tank mage lol).

One more question for ya, is there an RP presence here? Like I said, I'm pretty casual about UO, but wouldn't mind reliving some of the fun with a group, RP or not. I generally like to solo play, but miss group fun.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Serch for VoP, I think they're the strongest roleplayers here at the moment.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Return to “New Player Help”