New Players Guide to MONEY!!

Post by eggmona »

New PLayers Guide to MONEY - Fletching for CASH
how to use fletching to fully finance a new player

This guide explains exactly how to make more than enough money to
  • Buy your skills to 700 for max-stat gain
    Buy a horse for several characters
    Buy reagents for a new mage and develop your characters without help
    Start a mage tamer as one of your first characters! ( or any character)

Tricks used: 700 skill cap stat gain, Macros (recording them and using sell agents).

If you want to be optimal, start two characters on two accounts. Begin macroing hiding or animal lore while you farm gold on your fletcher (this macro'd skill doesn't matter and should pertain to whatever you want your non-fletching character to be). I find this helpful because not only does it use your time much more efficiently, but it also gives you a sense of doing something, because chopping trees is pretty boring! You can also macro a third character, which can be your rez/gate character that will save your would be tamer or whatever you want to make.

Beginning:
The fletcher (Main Cash Flow)
Bowcraft/Fletching 50 , Lumberjacking 50 , (anything) 0
60 str 10 dex 10 int
Uses: DAGGER(newby starting item), HATCHET(s)
Screenshots for Character[+]
Start your character in britain. There are three bow-buying vendors here, at the north end of town. The blacksmith, the Fletchers, and the Arms vendor. You don't have to use the following macros, but the sell agent and bow creation are highly recommended. You will want to take advantage of two macros and a sell agent:

Use Axe (macro or hotkey in razor) suggested hotkey F1
  • record: double click hatchet(axe) in inventory
    end macro here.
screen shot![+]

Create Bow: suggested hotkey F2
  • record: double click newby starting dagger (do not equip)
    target log
    click option 2
    click option 1
Screen Shots![+]

Create Bow Repeated: suggested hotkey F3
  • record: if "log count" >= 7
    double click newby starting dagger
    target log
    click option 2
    click option 1
    pause 8000 milliseconds
    end if
    loop on

Sell agent: suggested hotkey F4
  • Go to agents tab in razor,
    Choose "sell" from the drop down menu
    add target
    target bow, set ammount 5
    click to enable/ disable
Congratulations, you can now easily make 5-10k an hour simply selling bows in britain.THIS IS THE FASTEST starting money you can make, and can easily fund a mage/bard up to 80~ magery. the highest costs for magery are from 80-100. You DO NOT need to GM magery to make a mage bard, thus you can easily start one and farm more gold if desired. I show how to continue on and make a tamer, from scratch!

SELLING BOWS:

Most towns have AT LEAST two places to sell bows to. Buy a Horse, Explore!

Screens of 3 Britain Locations![+]
FLETCHERS, ARMS SMITH, and sometimes BLACKSMITHS. You should average about 900-1200 per full bag. This will increase with strength/carry capacity. Dont feel bad if you get less, but try to make sure you sell them for 30~ per. Vendors will decrease the buying price when more bows are sold. They will pay a maximum of 34 per bow, and refresh this about every hour. BUY A HORSE (easy) and try using different towns. Get the lay of the land :)

This concludes the Fletching/ Bow selling portion. You are free to use your money however you want. Making a tank/mage for PVP from here on would be EXTREMELY easy. The only hurdle you need to overcome is having a safe spot to macro magery/resist or healing if you would like a dexer. There are many people willing to offer new players housing. Seek out NEW guild, or C^V and Pirul, etc. It is possible to get to 44,500 gold with fletching, which I did when I started, but I seriously would not suggest that to a new player!

Stage Two: The Mage/tamer (start at same time for efficiency!)

Magery 50 , Animal Taming 50, (anything) 0
10str, 25 dex , 45int
uses: 6k for 700 cap, Herding staff (26gp), Reagents (?)

LOCK DEX AT 25 IMMEDIATELY, dex is now finished, good job!
LOCK HERDING AT 0, we will use this later to max our stats!

While you farm bows and money, your mage should be doing something (I chose to macro hiding, but animal lore works very well, more later). This serves two purposes; gaining efficiently and REDUCING THE COST OF 700 SKILL CAP. So try to take advantage of that.

KEEP HERDING AT 0!!!!!

As soon as you get 6k from bows, go transfer the gold to your mage and buy skill from NPCs around town until you max out at 700. This should take around 6k. Once you are done, set EVERYTHING POINTING UP and go buy a crook staff from a stables vendor. make sure you are at 700 skill cap, set everything pointing up, and with herding at 0 run the following macro:

Max Stats Macro (Herding)
  • double click crook (while equipped)
    target any animal
    target self
    pause 1000 milliseconds
    loop on
This should take a few hours (3?) to max strength and int. Don't bother doing anything else for int; you can use the time to either farm logs for REAGENT GOLD, or for just farming more gold with fletching ( I chose to make a third char and used extra gold to max his stats too).

Jump to TAMING, why is it easier than I thought?
  • starting: two unmarked runes, 10~ recall scrolls, 1 to 2 mark scrolls
    SUGGESTED[+]
Let's be honest, taming will definitely take you time to GM. But regardless of where you start out, that time is not going to decrease by very much. It's boring to make a tamer, and thats probably why a new player shouldn't do it. But if you know you want to make one then you CAN do it starting from fletching only. It IS NOT much more difficult than starting a month after you begin playing.

Buy yourself a horse,
  • TURN ON SCAVENGER AGENT from the agents tab. Target ALL 8 REAGENTS.
    Buy two unmarked runes
    buy a at least 2 recall scrolls (or 10) (add to SPELLBOOK)
    buy a mark scroll ( PUT THIS IN YOUR SPELLBOOK, or buy two)

Mark a rune at dagger island, Mark a rune at whatever bank you enjoy
    Now put your dagger island rune in your bank and never take it out.
    Put bank rune in backpack, this is your escape mechanism:

RECALL MACRO: used to escape! suggested hotkey F5
  • record: Cast recall
    wait for target
    target BANK RUNE
    endmacro

This is your escape macro, and it should get out of danger if there ever is a problem. PKs like dagger island sometimes, but the better PVPers usually seek out targets that are more capable of defending themselves.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO MACRO MAGERY YET! 50 magery is enough to cast recall from a scroll, and gives you a high success chance from a book. You can also use teleport for Hoppers Bog later on with 100% success. I cannot stress how great this is.

Dagger island is your starting taming place. If you maxed your stats out, you will have around 59 taming skill before you begin taming (shown, not real). This place is LITTERED with all 8 of the reagents. If your scavenger agent is enabled, you will get more than enough reagents to heal/recall and be safe while taming. Its amazing to me how much you actually get by doing this. When I go tame, I typically return to bank ~20 of each reagent after an hour of taming. not bad when your main goal is skill gains =] and a great way for new players to reduce reagent cost.

Beginning taming targets:
  • Walrus
    Polar Bear
    Snow Leapord
    at 65.1 start taming white wolves! then leave at 71.1 to go to Delucia bulls.
going from start to 65.1 is painful, because there are a lot of new players doing this and giving up. Because most of them don't kill their tames, the area can clog up with stuff you cannot gain skill on. Look for orc spawns, lead your tames to them so they die. This is why having macro'd animal lore while farming bows is great. It gives you control over the animals and makes killing them a lot easier!

HOWEVER! at 65.1 its way way easier. Not many people get this far (holy shit boring!) but when you do, you have significantly less compitition. From here on out you can refer to any taming guide for help.

When you are done here I suggest following the taming guides from
Other stuff:[+]
oh.. GOOD LUCK!!!

Return to “New Player Help”