meditation stuck

Moderator: Support Moderators

smurr

meditation stuck

Post by smurr »

hey guys

ive been training my magery in town for like 1.5 hours and my med hasnt gone up a .1. its at 35.1 everything else is gaining, and im sure it set to gain, so wtf is goin on?
fuckin smurr

PillPuller

Re: meditation stuck

Post by PillPuller »

Ya man my magery is like 80+ now and I'm stuck at 23 med lol. I have been trying to med when i am at around 0 mana (or as low as possible). There is a guide somewhere on the forums that explain it but I just kind of skimmed through it. So to sum it up I think the way it works is....

Meditation gains based upon your skill. So say i have 20 meditation I would meditate when I have about 80% of my total mana pool. If I have 50 meditation I meditate when I am at half mana.

Seems like the lower the mana you have the less of a chance you have to successfully meditate which will not allow you to gain until higher levels.

This is just my theory I have no proof of have not actually tested it yet but I am at work all night on a midnight shift so I will do some testing on it now and let you know.
AIM : Progn0sis

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

As I suspected this seems to be accurate. So....

(Your health bar based on 100 Intelligence) - Say you have 24 Meditation like me..
<-------------->
<---------|----> <---Start Meditating here (You are at 75% of your mana)

Say you have 50 meditation...

<-------------->
<------|-------> <---Start meditating here (You are at half mana)

Hope my cheesy graphs help to provide some clarity.

Senses

Post by Senses »

Heres the trick. 2 things are going to make mediation go up. 1) you want to meditate when you have low mana. In this respect, set your macro to wait till you have exactly the mana for one cast of the spell. That way, everytime you cast ebolt, or flamestrike, or whatever, you will end with 0 mana after the successfull cast. 2) You want to add 2 meditation checks in your macro.

The first one you should add right after the cast, then wait 10 seconds. This way if you sputter, you will get a second mediation period. The second you will want to set with a Wait for mana > (lets say 35 if your casting ebolt.) then wait another 10 seconds. This way, while your waiting for your mana to move up to get another cast in, you will keep meditating during the wait.

Now some people also like to include a system message check in case they fail meditation, but I found it unneccessary. If you do it perfect, you will find that meditation maxxes out before magery, but not by very much.

My macro looks something like this, im going to simplify it though and remove restock vendors and stuff as well as a health check when out of town.

Cast Flamestrike
wait for target
pause .5 seconds
absolute target (me)
pause 1 second
use skill mediation
pause 10 seconds
if mana < 45
use skill meditation
pause 10 seconds
end if

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Senses,

What skill is this based off of? 0-100, 50-100 or what? I have found to have no success at 24 meditation trying to gain at 0 mana. I even drank a bunch of liquor and got sloppy drunk and my mana stayed around 0 and I got no gains at all. Now I am using my above methon and am gaining respectively.

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Meditation now at 54 and chuggin along.

My macro now looks like this:

If ( Mana >= 80 )
CastSpell Flamestrike
Exec: Target Self
Else
UseSkill Meditation

This allows me to only cast the spell at 80+ mana which means I am meditating at about 40 mana. Working great.

smurr

Post by smurr »

thanks alot guys, im gonna try that out.
fuckin smurr

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

ya working awesome...82 now. remember to adjust your macro for mana the higher you gain. like i should be meding at around 20 int now or so.

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Almost GM now :mrgreen:

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for the replies on this one, there is a lot of confusion surronding meditation, so this one is getting a sticky.

Meditation difficulty is based on how short you are on mana, and like other skils if you have no chance of failure, or no chance of success based on that difficulty you cannot gain.

Senses

Post by Senses »

The macro i listed worked great. I started with 0 med and 52 magery. Using that macro im now at 99 magery, and 99.8 meditation. I think where the two of you might have differed with me is that I never macro stats like intelligence before magery. Its possible that because you have 100 int, you have to have alot more mana to gain on meditation then I did with only 45 int and 20 meditation.
Still though, why get Int up to 100 first when you consider that Magery, Meditation, and later Evaluate Intelligence will bring you to 100 anyways? Its kind of wasted time.

Featheon

Post by Featheon »

I am definitively stuck at 79 med while casting flamestrike with 40 mana. What stipulation is preventing my gain?

Meditating at 0 mana, I cannot seem to fail. Is this to suggest that I need more intelligence to gain?
<ChoppaX> i shit my pants again last night
The #1 AFK on T2A
kill drizitz wrote:feathon seems to be the winner.

Haart-Napa

Post by Haart-Napa »

I agree with what has been said here. But to reply to the last post, I had the same problem as you.. so I did infact stop macroing and see-saw my int up to 100 and I began gaining again (and alot faster than I had been previously. NOTE: This was only when medi was 90+
Smoke weed everyday!

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Featheon wrote:I am definitively stuck at 79 med while casting flamestrike with 40 mana. What stipulation is preventing my gain?

Meditating at 0 mana, I cannot seem to fail. Is this to suggest that I need more intelligence to gain?
If you have 100 int you should be meditating at about 20% mana.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Featheon wrote:I am definitively stuck at 79 med while casting flamestrike with 40 mana. What stipulation is preventing my gain?

I just made a new char with 40 int, and my meditation stopped exactly at 79 as well, and I never fail to meditate at 0 mana. Macro'd all last night, not a single point in med gained, magery/resist continued to increase.

I think this is a bug with the way meditation is calculated, might have to get Derrick to look over it again.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter