meditation stuck

Moderator: Support Moderators

ArchaicSubrosa

Re: meditation stuck

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Alot of people leave items you think are cursed but they are blessings in disguise. Using a Mage bane hat for instance will drain mana without costing regs. Keep putting it on, take it off meditate until you are at peace and repeat. Also you can use strength/stamina zapping items to build up your tactics while keeping damage low when training perferably on a NPC.
It's like wearing resistance weights while working out :lol:

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

I like to just get drunk in the game and set a macro for using meditation and you will get good gains because you will be at 0 mana and itll go up to like 5 then you go back down to 0.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Bigcricket467

Post by Bigcricket467 »

If you want to work on med only, do this. get your int up pretty high, id say 80+. get a magic wizards hat (magery vendor).
put the hat on. click record macro. take the hat off, put it back on and use meditation. insert a pause for 10 seconds and loop the macro. use this macro until 60-62 med or whenever you stop gaining or see that your gains are to slow for your preference. When you stop the wiz hat macro, the next macro to use involves alcohol. i will pseudo type out the macro.

If mana >=xx
double click bottle of alcohol (by type)
pause 2 seconds (thats just what i use, you can adjust the time)
wait for target
target self
Else
use skill meditation
pause 10 seconds
say guards

set the mana value to 5-10 above your estimated mana% based on your med skill. i used 75 50 20 and 15 throughout my macro period

effectivly what this macro does is drink beer till your below the mana specified in macro then it will continuously loop med every 10 seconds until your mana goes higher than the specified mana. if it goes higher, you start drinking beer again. thus keeping you drunk enough for your mana to keep dropping down yet not wasting beer while your already drunk.

apologies for the horrible grammar. caps run-ons and what not.

while this does not help you gain magery/resist at the same time, i suggest you gm med first. takes one night and it will speed up your magery gains dramatically because you have less down time medding.

Kordavox

Post by Kordavox »

Hum, the magical wizard hat no longer works; bug or permanent?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Kordavox wrote:Hum, the magical wizard hat no longer works; bug or permanent?
Permanent. Wizard hat is based on passive meditation gain. You don't gain from passive meditation on UOSA.

I steal wizard hats from people I see macroing so they think their lack of gain has nothing to do with the wizard hat itself, and waste even more time running a useless macro. Sitting at my work desk laughing loudly about those fools gets me through the day.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

roguan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by roguan »

This is long overdue.
"The NPK"

kainadolf

Post by kainadolf »

There is required better skills and abilities to gain the meditations. Another thing is that in that manner there is also required great accuracy to gain the bonus points.

nash87

Post by nash87 »

PillPuller wrote:ya working awesome...82 now. remember to adjust your macro for mana the higher you gain. like i should be meding at around 20 int now or so.

my med is at 93 on my hally mage, Necro

hes been doing med perfectly since 50, which i started him at (thankfully.. i recommend EVERYONE start at 50 med opposed to 50 resist if they want both, considering i got to 55 resist in literally no time)

right now im medding at like 7 mana.. and i hope to GM from there.. its been a LONG road though.. ive used up lots and lots of gold on regs doing it..

but ill be thankful when im done and can pvp on this shard :)

nash87

Post by nash87 »

Featheon wrote:I am definitively stuck at 79 med while casting flamestrike with 40 mana. What stipulation is preventing my gain?

Meditating at 0 mana, I cannot seem to fail. Is this to suggest that I need more intelligence to gain?
\

what is your INT

if youre 100 int minus 79 meditation skill, then you should be meditating at 21 mana.. if you cast FS with 40 mana at 100 int, you would have 0 mana, not 21 mana..

thats your problem

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

The magic hat does work.
Keep intel low starting your character, and buy meditation skill at a mage.
I spent under 100 gold, being all my accounts are newbie and used the hat trick.
My meditation went up to 50.

lift hat
place on head
pause 1 sec
meditate
pause 8 sec
lift hat
drop in pack
pause 1 sec

Record your self lifting the hat from your pack then putting it on your head. Meditate then put the hat back in the pack. Stop recording the macro then insert pauses. You want to start with low intelligence for better gains.In other words do the minumum of 10 in character creation for intelligence.

Once your meditation is 50 that is enough to start casting and approximating the point where you should be meditating for gains.

PS-the timers on the casting macros in this thread casting things like flamestrike etc are off. There are two reasons why. There is a casting delay and also if you meditate right off your meditation will be disturbed in taking damage :|

PSS-for some reason I have to re-record each time I buy a new wizard's hat for a new character. So you may have to do the same. The "target by type" kind of flubs it up. I don't know if it has to do with hues of the hat or what.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

The magic hat does work.
I spent under 100 gold, being all my accounts are newbie and used the hat trick.
honestly not worth it, INT takes longer to raise than meditation. i gm all my character's meditation long before magery is gm without even doing anything "special" to gm it (just raising while casting). just start with 50 mage and meditation, macro running in a firewall for 20 minutes and you have 55 resist. much easier than spending 20 hours macroing 50 meditation/100 int
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

nightshark wrote:
The magic hat does work.
honestly not worth it, INT takes longer to raise than meditation. i gm all my character's meditation long before magery is gm. just start with 50 mage and meditation, macro running in a firewall for 20 minutes and you have 55 resist. much easier than spending 20 hours macroing 50 meditation/100 int
In gaining magery, resist, and meditation your intel will hit a hundred anyway.
Meditation is cheaper to raise then resist.
It's better to start with magery and Resist then Meditation. It didn't take me 20 hours either. :|
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I'd strongly advise anyone against taking that advice, but each to their own.

It costs less than 1k to save yourself many hours of macroing. As time is money...

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

:lol:

1k compared to 11 gp. Are you going to wrestle rats for that :?

For a newbie that's quite alot.

Save it for e-bolt regs.

nash87

Post by nash87 »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote::lol:

1k compared to 11 gp. Are you going to wrestle rats for that :?

For a newbie that's quite alot.

Save it for e-bolt regs.

i see what you're saying.. for "noobs" with no gold your method would seem ideal, but the way to waste less time is to start with 50mage/50med

im sure someone on the shard is willing to give 1 - 2k away if a noob asked nicely - i sure would

but each to their own