Mining Woes...

Moderator: Support Moderators

Thalomos

Mining Woes...

Post by Thalomos »

New to the shard. Decided to make a smith so I could make some money. If one other person mines the Minoc mine along side me, I'm lucky to make 500 ingots an hour. Nevermind when a couple of people show up. Most spots support about 2 shovel hits and that's it :/ Then it takes about 20+ minutes to respawn. :(

Was it really intended to be this slow?

Dagon

Re: Mining Woes...

Post by Dagon »

There's no point in making a smith.. it's not much money.

But the recent change to world resources is what you are experiencing.

Fass

Post by Fass »

I also tried doind a miner/blacksmith so I could fix my armor, and I found the same problem with low income of ingots.

I wanted to ask what is the best way to deal with damaged armor, then. Should I just buy new ones? I'm a warrior so I spend a lot of money replacing broken gear. I don't see blacksmiths offering repairing services nor do I know how much should I pay them.

Thalomos

Post by Thalomos »

Dagon wrote:There's no point in making a smith.. it's not much money.

But the recent change to world resources is what you are experiencing.
Then shouldn't this issue be brought up? No class should be pointless. I played back in '99 or so, and remember Minoc having 5-15 people mining that mine at any given moment, and the spawns were quick.

I can understand the nodes being small on the side of a wall, but the spawn times should be sped up. Especially if we are going for era accuracy. All it is now is frustraiting.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The did speed up slighly with the resources patch and become static where before they were more random. I will look into this though and see if i can determine how fast they replenish(ed) on OSI
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Thalomos

Post by Thalomos »

That would be awesome.

Just for reference, I have litterally cleared the intial mine, then the path up to and including the upper level mine, and the original mine had not yet respawned.

PHLiNX
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by PHLiNX »

Same goes for lumberjacking. All i do is running around hoping to get some chops on a tree. Very tedious.

Return to “New Player Help”