ALL Events have been CANCELED

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Kingkoopa7

ALL Events have been CANCELED

Post by Kingkoopa7 »

Well I must admit I am disappointed in folks.

I put together nice events for you all and you take advantage of my kindness and loot a friend of mine's house during an event in which i let you in to protect you. I do this out of my own pocket and time to have fun and now I find out from a friend that many of his things were stolen. So I am sorry it has come to this but I am canceling all events at this time. I just simply can't believe you all would do that to me.

Pip

Re: ALL Events have been CANCELED

Post by Pip »

Now that's griefing.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Pip wrote:Now that's griefing.
Wrong. It's theft. If he left a gap in his home security then invited everyone in to look at it, I really don't know why I should have to explain how the blame is all his own.
Kingkoopa7 wrote:I just simply can't believe you all would do that to me.
Seriously? It's just a collection of pixels. Sack up and learn to protect your loot more efficiently.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Kingkoopa7

Post by Kingkoopa7 »

First and foremost chain I wouldn't expect you to understand you need to have a sense of decency and integrity to understand something like this.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Welcome to UO!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

r0b
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by r0b »

Welcome to T2A.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Kingkoopa7 wrote:First and foremost chain I wouldn't expect you to understand you need to have a sense of decency and integrity to understand something like this.
Again, just a game. You're taking this far too seriously. I mean really, take a step back and look at what you did in this post. You called my personal moral values into question due to a conflicting opinion on something that happened in a sandbox wizard game where people are supposed to steal and murder. It's in the mechanics, Origin didn't put these things in thinking "I sure hope nobody actually USES these things we're putting in. That would be horrible."

tl;dr, what DarkWing and r0b said.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

When you run an event on this shard, and I'd wager on any shard, you need to put a lot of thought into anti-griefing--from both outsiders and participants. One way to do this is simply make it clear that anyone might come from the outside to cause trouble (e.g., PK) and players should be prepared for that. Another way to is to hold the event completely indoors, preferably in a castle, and be prepared to ban troublemakers in a second's notice.

Return to “Player Run Events”