Event Ideas

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Rompkin

Re: Cancelled due to lack of interest/support

Post by Rompkin »

I'd be happy to help advertise and gate for events like these. Just let me know. I know how hard it is to have an event planned and not many folks attend!

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Cancelled due to lack of interest/support

Post by Light Shade »

I'll still run events here and there. Weekly just isn't going to happen anymore. If anyone is interested in having one of the listed (even unlisted) events run, let me know and we'll make it happen. Just need people to help make it work.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Event Ideas

Post by Light Shade »

Bump For change of direction for this thread.

Event Ideas.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Yo Lightshade.

I had a few event ideas that I thought would be fun; they add a little twist to the conventional team FFA idea.

1) protect your dragon: basically a team FFA except both teams have a single tamer who has a single dragon. The point of the game: kill the other team's dragon (which is obviously easy if you can just kill the other team). Could use white wyrms instead.
Alternatively, we could do something on the order of "DOTA" (defense of the ancients--a custom Warcraft III map, for those who never heard of it). This could be like the dragon idea except no healing the dragon allowed, and each team has some "turrets" aka a single (or multiple) archer bots set to auto attack the closest enemy. I think the turrets should be healable.
Grief potential: low if done in twin towers or castle.

2) some kind of "command and conquer" type game, where each team has a "harvester" who needs to gather resources and build weapons for their team, while reagents are slowly dropped on each side of the board by an automated neutral bot character (a razor macro where he just walks back and forth dropping 1-2 of regs (alternating the kind) every second (or have a dedicated trade-in character who can trade reagents for ingots). Mule is given a shovel to start out. Everybody starts out as a new ressed ghost. Obviously if anybody wants weapons (which are essential in the fight), they must protect their mule long enough for him to provide them.
Grief potential: high b/c you need to do it somewhere that the mule can mine.

Anywho.. just some ideas that might be worth trying. Quite a bit of preparation required, obviously. Let me know if you would like some help running these (e.g. setting up reg-dropping bots or turret bots).
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

the bazookas wrote:Yo Lightshade.

I had a few event ideas that I thought would be fun; they add a little twist to the conventional team FFA idea.

1) protect your dragon: basically a team FFA except both teams have a single tamer who has a single dragon. The point of the game: kill the other team's dragon (which is obviously easy if you can just kill the other team). Could use white wyrms instead.
Alternatively, we could do something on the order of "DOTA" (defense of the ancients--a custom Warcraft III map, for those who never heard of it). This could be like the dragon idea except no healing the dragon allowed, and each team has some "turrets" aka a single (or multiple) archer bots set to auto attack the closest enemy. I think the turrets should be healable.
Grief potential: low if done in twin towers or castle.

2) some kind of "command and conquer" type game, where each team has a "harvester" who needs to gather resources and build weapons for their team, while reagents are slowly dropped on each side of the board by an automated neutral bot character (a razor macro where he just walks back and forth dropping 1-2 of regs (alternating the kind) every second (or have a dedicated trade-in character who can trade reagents for ingots). Mule is given a shovel to start out. Everybody starts out as a new ressed ghost. Obviously if anybody wants weapons (which are essential in the fight), they must protect their mule long enough for him to provide them.
Grief potential: high b/c you need to do it somewhere that the mule can mine.

Anywho.. just some ideas that might be worth trying. Quite a bit of preparation required, obviously. Let me know if you would like some help running these (e.g. setting up reg-dropping bots or turret bots).
Hrmmm...I like the ideas. I need to think on them and see if we can give them a go. Sometimes the best way to iron out the kinks is to give it a try. :)

-L/S

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

You know you can see if something is trapped by using remove trap right? Even if you dont have skill points in it...wait you might need just 0.1 skill points in it.. I think its trained only
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:You know you can see if something is trapped by using remove trap right? Even if you dont have skill points in it...wait you might need just 0.1 skill points in it.. I think its trained only
May have to add another skill in there...but the way the event gets run is everyone has to grab a box as quick as they can. If people don't grab a box as soon as the bag is dropped, they get booted or everyone has to pick again. If Remove Trap allows you to see, it is possible to see a trap box, but it'd be hard to pick another before someone else just grabbed them.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

This idea came to me when reading:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39033
If this change is made, then this game could be even more viable (as the containers in any given town could be used for this), although magery as a weapon is less viable

So here's a more fleshed out version of what I am thinking.

UO spy vs. spy, A new (old school) 1 v 1 tinker game::

About:
In the spy-vs-spy on the Commodore 64 or Nintendo, the purpose was to run around searching all these containers for parts to build an airplane or rocket or something to escape; some containers contained items that you could use to trap other containers or attack the other spy (when they died it took a while for them to come back to life)... I envision a similar game as a fun 1v1 event (both for the players and for the person who sets it up).

Player preparations:
  • for this event, you will need a character dedicated to this game (sorry for you vets who have no slots available!)
  • A newbie tinker character (you might start with a blank newbie key worth > a tower deed!) with 10 strength, 50 magery (and int), and 50 tinkering (apparently enough to make dart traps). Perhaps we could have all tinkers train up to 60 or 70 skill so they don't fail as much... this would need to be explored... (would probably take 500-1000 ingots to train up to that level as you make lockpicks, which only cost 3500-7000gp; chump change) Make sure to lock their strength down!
  • the character needs 50 magery so they can recall :).
  • No other skills are allowed (or needed).
  • Make your character public so that your skills can be inspected. Lock down all skills except magery and tinkering.
Event Host preparations:
  • many (20-30) trappable containers (untrapped to start)
  • a guildstone to add yourself and the 2 tinkers, such that no murder counts are given and you can send messages to each other with.
  • 5 of each recall reagent
  • some non-gm weapons (e.g. katanas/krysses/clubs--weapon type doesn't matter since the tinker has 0 fighting skill). Would need to test exactly how that two 10 STR 0 fighting skill tinkers do in combat with each other; they might be fine with their newbie daggers, but perhaps other weapons could be available in the containers too
  • some greater explosion potions (for attacking the other "spy" with, or for creating traps if they so desire)
  • some poison potions for poison traps
  • crossbow bolts for bolt traps.
  • some random prizes throughout the game board (can be lost or stolen)
  • sulfurous ash for magic arrow spell; or possibly extra black pearl (although it overlaps with the recall reg) for fireball (like the gun in spy vs. spy :) )
  • a bunch of hay / ore / some other heavy object to weigh down each container (so it doesn't decay, and so people don't just pick them up and run with them)... Note also that I think it'd be good to have extra pouches such that you can put container into container into container (with the heavy stuff in the inner-most container), such that "searching" a container takes more than just one second.
  • a house with a recall rune to another house that has the "prize" in it (the prize could be just a newbie book (who's serial number you have written down) that can be traded in for the real prize.
  • potentially could do it in such a way that the game board has several of your houses, and the tinkers find keys that let them into the houses where other boxes could be stored... depends how complex you want this to be. Could also make the goal have to do something with tinkering a complex item (the most complex at that skill level looks like a clock) and putting that item in the house (In fact, I think the best idea is to have them craft as many clocks as possible in a given time)... Anyway, a small amount of boards and ingots would be required in this case...
    OR perhaps, the goal could be for each tinker to get as many clocks built as possible in a certain time frame, where each of them is friended to a different house (or the same house, since I propose that both players take an RPV of the entire game and submit it if cheating is suspected) where they can drop their clocks in a secure container.
How the game is run/played:
  • The game moderator
  • The game moderator picks an appropriate location (not revealed to anybody but the 2 participants such that griefers are not likely to come), and randomly puts down the containers with the items involved in the game randomly distributed among them. If this were done in a guild town of some kind, it might be ideal. It could potentially be done in town, except this would make magic spells worthless.
  • set up a few res stations (auto bandaging the closest green)
  • The players
  • Both players must take RPV's of the entire game such that any suspected cheating can be investigated
  • start the game with nothing in your pack including newbie items (bags snooped) + RPV taken ensures they aren't "holding" a bag full of stuff.
  • can pretty much do anything you possibly can to fulfill your goal (without involving other players / characters, of course). Trapping containers (materials found in the game), attacking them directly (weapons possibly found in game depending on what is discovered in experimenting), using explosion potions / magic (all involving materials found in the game). With several res stations availabe, res killing might even be permissible (don't you come back with 10 hit points anyway?)
Last edited by the bazookas on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Interesting... :D

smart86

Post by smart86 »

What about a gambling game? A spinoff of Russian Roulette.

Each contestant puts a certain and equal amount of gold into the pot.

Each player must enter the area with no detect trap. There is a chest for each contestant and there is a trap for each container except one. Everyone takes a turn opening one chest. Whoever opens the correct chest no matter if there are people behind them gets the whole pot.

I don't know if this has been suggested before I'm just throwing it out there.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Perhaps a Crafting Game.

Have whoever is hosting the game create 7-10 items and put them in crates.
Line up the crates.

Have the contestants create a random item of their choosing.
Each contestant places said item in front of them as their item.

Host axes the first crate revealing the item.
Whoever matches, gets a point.

Then do the same for every round with contestants creating an item and the host axing a chest.

After all the rounds, the person with the most points wins.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Just a bump for Event Ideas. If you're looking for good ideas for events, there's plenty in here from past events that we've run on this shard.

Enjoy! :D

-L/S

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

^

Still looking for good ideas for events.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Bump For Event Ideas

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

If I had bridged towers there's a capture the flag idea that I had. The thing with events is unless you have a safe environment its hard not to get griefers. Also, ash norms last man standing had been quite a lot of fun so I was thinking of holding a weekly last man standing thing as well. Winner gets a small deed. At My tower.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish