PVP Olympic Event: USA vs Canada

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Scienter

PVP Olympic Event: USA vs Canada

Post by Scienter »

I want to give this event a shot. I'm aware that there is a very large pvp event already occuring with Abyz and potentially Lightshade. However, if I can get enough interest we'll have a small team point system pvp event.

The structure will go as follows:

4 USA representing players vs 4 Canada representing players (4v4) - 1 point
3 USA representing players vs 3 Canada representing players (3 v 3) - 1 point
2 USA representing players vs 2 Canada representing players (2 v 2) - 1 point
Another 2 USA representing players vs 2 Canada representing players (2 v 2) - 1 point
1 USA representing player vs 1 Canada representing player (1 v 1) - 1 point

Since Canada readers are involved, I'll do the math for them. There are a total of 5 points that you can achieve in which the team that scores 3 points wins the event. It should also be noted that every fight will have a reward for the winner plus a grand prize to the entire winning team of the "PVP Olympic" setting.

If Canada can't produce enough fighters (likely the case) I'd encourage other individuals to pretend to be Canadian for the brief duration of the fighting period to get a shot at awesome prizes.

I'm the captain for the USA team. I need someone to volunteer to be the captain for Canada (I'll give you a deed). It's the responsibility of the captains to host try-outs. If the turn out is awesome, then I'll add a slotted position for every individual for a total of 4+3+2+2+1+3 reserves for no shows = 15. If turn out sucks, we'll let individuals participate in mulitple fights.

I obviously don't play anymore, and neither does FT$ for the most part. Therefore, my old idea of liquidating all my stuff into gold and dispersing became pretty worthless(no one to give it to). Therefore, I'm using my resources to allow individuals to try out for either Canada or USA and use my resources to win gold and high end halberds after they make the team. This is free pvp with an opportunity to make a ton of gold on top of that.

What to expect when you try out and participate: a pouch with 10 trapped pouches in it, 125 each reg, 190 each greater heal reg, 40 stam pots and a keg in the arena if you need to hit it if you run out, and 2 fresh gm halberds.

I'll go over fight rules in an edited portion of this post later.

What you can expect if you win:

Plus 20 vanq halberds (I have 4 in inventory)
Plus 25 power Halberds (3 in inventory)
Plus 20 powers and plus 15 vanqs. (a ton in inventory)
House deeds

Someone please volunteer for Canada's captain position.

USA:
I'm going to put an ad up for recruitment soon, but I expect ahead of time for Ohm, Abyz, Lambo, Eo, Bongy, Kister, Tempest, Ric Flair (assuming you're not Canadian eww...), Matty, Malaikat, and Farnk to already have significant interest.

Post here for interest. I can't stress enough, "expense free event to earn awesome prizes."
---------------------------------
Edit 1

Current interest: Abyz, Menakuera (lol sorry about the mispell this list is based soley off memory), Woody, Malaikat, Ohm, Farnk, Hendrix, Ill Gates, Idocghost, Wiseone, Mirage (I think), Usual Suspect, and wrathofjo

Jay showed interest in being the Canadian Captain.

My next edit will present the procedures for trying out and the rules of the fights.

I'd like at least 5 more people to committ.
Mirage wrote:Should be USA vs all other countries.
This will likely be the case.

Thanks ahead of time everyone!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:
Scienter wrote:Okay guys a quick update, I'll quote this on the main section.

If you're interested in trying out for Canada, then Jay is the individual to talk to. Jay, I'll send you a PM, but I made it a priority to give you resources for the try outs and your deed by tomorrow.

If you're interested in trying out for USA, then please let ME know by posting in the USA advertisement thread (Haven't made it yet, I want Canada to get a fair and reasonable opportunity to get their fair share of players)

I've been extremely busy the last few weeks, and it just started slowing down. With that in mind, my try out date is not going to be until early June. I play on hosting the actual fights mid June.

Jay is responsible for Canada, so he may be able to host try outs immediately, you'll have to get in contact with him. Jay I'll send you a PM with more information, but individuals interested, you will be scrutinized on a few areas of your pvp abilities with a 1 - 10 scale:

-Decision Making
-Halberd Cycling
-Positioning
-Healing ability (If you're trying out for a 2 v 2 team or a 4 v 4 team)
-Miscellaneous attributes (doesn't fit the other categories but is relevant)

I don't know how Jay will select is 1 v 1 player, but mine is going to be through judging you on these areas, and having the top members compete for it.

YOUR TEAM WILL GET A FREE PRACTICE!

After you make the cut, you'll be GIVEN resources to participate in a practice to tone your skills, work strategy, and whatever else you find necessary.

After both teams have selected their members and slotted them in, that information WILL BE DISCLOSED to the other team. It will make the practice more relevant. For example, if Ohm and Ragancy are on the same team for USA in a 2 v 2 and I know their going against Abyz and Farnk for Canada, As captain, I will provide a resources and allow Ragancy and Ohm to practice and discuss strategy or whatever.

If the amount of players is non-sufficient, then I'm going to cut an event or whatever I have to do to make this thing run smoothly. For example, if there are 9 players for each team, then I will probably cut out a 2 v 2 or something.

Expect my USA ad to come shortly and as always, Thank you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

The rules of the fights during the actual event:

-Standard red potions and GM weapons only.
-Reactive armour isn't allowed during the 1 v 1 fight.
-You can't recall (You would think I didn't have to mention that, but you'd be surprised...)
-Sudden Death, no healing at all or result is a disqualification.
-Begins after 8 minutes during the 1 v 1 fight.
-Begins after 10 minutes during the 2 v 2 fights.
-Begins after 12 minutes during the 3 v 3 fight.
-Begins after 14 minutes during the 4 v 4 fight.
-Regardless of insignificance of the heal, you will be disqualified. You will be notified of the times by the fight administrator (probably going to be me). A countdown will occur from 15 seconds.
-Example: If player one has 90 health during sudden death and player 2 has 4 health. If player one cast heal AND targets himself, he will be disqualified regardless of the immateriality of the heal.

Reactive armour will be allowed in the team fights.

Prizes are listed in other threads in addition to the halberd list on this one.

Thank you.
Last edited by Scienter on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: PVP Olympic Event: USA vs Canada

Post by Abyz »

*raises hand* Naturally, I'm in.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

what about the EU o.0

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Im obviously in.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

WOODY

Post by WOODY »

Im in

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

liinniejj wrote:what about the EU o.0
I thought about it, and I decided the following:

Pick between USA or Canada.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
New Vent Info:

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

Abyz, just so I have an idea on how this is going to go. How smoothly would you say your event is running?

Thanks
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
New Vent Info:

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Very smoothly.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Just how smooth is it abbyz? :wink:

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Depends on the day! haha

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I'm interested, even though my availability is horrible.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

U S A
U S A
U S A

Im in
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

farnk

Post by farnk »

farnk r in

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Interested.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

wrathofjo

Post by wrathofjo »

El Sonambulo, a mexican-american immigrant, would like to represent the country he loves...

...Canada.