Wednesday Night Fights -- gauging interest

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Mr.Kizzle

Wednesday Night Fights -- gauging interest

Post by Mr.Kizzle »

So after a little over a month on the server, after a 10 year hiatus, I have a few different chars who are PvP ready (2 tanks and a mace dexxer) and I have noticed that the MAJORITY (not all) of PvP on this server is currently ganking (pk's ganking blues or blues ganking pk's) or dueling...

It has also come to my attention that GM events on this shard are no more.

My old guild on Sonoma used to throw Wednesday night fights, it is some of my fondest UO memories. We would find a location, get a good group of people, throw some dye tubs on the ground to match robes, and mix things up with PvP practice 2v2- 3v3- and even bigger, at one point I believe we had a 5v5v5 all at once...

I wanted to gauge interest on this. This wouldn't be exclusive to veterans or to teams, the whole point was that we would mix it up, playing with different teams, different rules, etc...
No looting, no prizes, just for fun and practice. Obviously if it is popular we will get grieved, but thats part of the fun of it, getting more players together at the same time...

If you are interested, I think Wednesday night is a good night. I am PST, but would like to make it easy for EST to partake so I am thinking like 6:30pm PST
Just thought this might be of interest to the large population of GY trolling blues, and the non-stat Reds looking for some more action than spamming harm and syncing single targets. Also for those of you PvE'ers who might be looking to learn some PvP, with the goal of raising PvP activity on the server.

Let me kno, lets make this happen!

**Edit** We could also implement (as we did on Sonoma) a betting/gambling system to make the fights worth while if we got enough people involved, and got some established fights and rivalries

Bixby Legbone

Re: Wednesday Night Fights -- gauging interest

Post by Bixby Legbone »

I would be interested.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Anything that involves fighting you can always count me in.
Also theres a lot of decent field fighting now days, its not all just red vs blues. CoS, N-C, MyM/wFd/FT$, Majestic, TG, and others are consistently duking it out, and its fun, so check into guild fighting as well.
But count me in regardless.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Pro

Post by Pro »

use mymtown, got a safe arena and a tower to use + 2 blue healers that wander the town and it's set up for pvping in.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

We can use my tower I can friend ya
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

I'm interested, but Wrong valley is my favorite place for this type of thing.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Abyz wrote:I'm interested, but Wrong valley is my favorite place for this type of thing.
Wrong is awesome for that, this is true.

One problem with anywhere public is theres no safezones from ass holes who try to ruin it (cough cough tg)
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Return to “Player Run Events”