Capture the flag event [247]

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
SirRobin

Capture the flag event [247]

Post by SirRobin »

I recently have bought both L shapes next to the 247 keep. I figured why not do something with them other than just deco and toss a few vendors in them. 247 will now be accepting challenges from other guild for CTF, we'll do a temporary war to avoid counts. This can be played 2v2, 3v3 and so on... so it doesn't even require a lot of people to be on to have it go down. If a couple people without a guild wanna play we can temporarily guild them to 247 for count avoidance.

Any guild may challenge us to it, even guilds such as N-S if they can manage to follow the rules, :lol:

The Game:

The premise of the game is simple. Two teams start off in their own Lshapes on different sides of the 247 Guild Keep. The ultimate goal is to get to the top of the keep and drag a heavy chest to the bottom and into your teams Lshape on the designated spot. The team to do this wins the match.

Each team can have a res toon parked in their teams lshape. This toon is operated by one of the people in the battle and is alt tabbed to res fallen comrades. This is a no loot event. When ressed you are to run to your corpse (free from attack of the opposing team), loot quickly and return to lshape and re dye robe your team color. Once your robe is re dyed you may participate in the game again.

Players will be responsible for their own potions\ regs etc.

Restrictions:

No recall or gate travel allowed at all during the game

No magic items. GM gear only, no invis reflect or tele gear. All pots allowed, no gh wands.

You may not enter the opposing forces lshape until that team has the chest headed inside their Lshape to their spot.

No ships may be used.

Rules and variations to the game will be explained before the match begins. I.E. there may be a released wyrm in the keep, etc. Can be mounted or on foot..

Anyone not following the rules may be asked to no longer participate.

In the occurance of outside interference from a greifer. The chest movement will pause. PAUSE will be typed by players in this case. We will then become a team to kill said greifer. Teams will then return to their lshape and the game will restart.

Rules subject to change as we hammer out the details of this game. Enjoy

TL;DR

-247 hosting CTF games at random times with random guilds / people
-There are some rules and they are evolving as we play the game to make it better each match
-Contact me if your guild or group is interested in playing
-Rules will be explained again before even, forgive any typos
Attachments
Rancor_9-8_21.58.jpg
Rancor_9-8_21.59.jpg
Rancor_9-8_22.01.jpg
Rancor_9-8_22.15.jpg
Rancor_9-8_22.17.jpg
Rancor_9-8_22.19.jpg
Last edited by SirRobin on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Capture the flag event [247]

Post by Menkaure »

I approve this game.

Id be down for the cause.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

SirRobin

Post by SirRobin »

Menkaure wrote:I approve this game.

Id be down for the cause.
I'll get with you and see about having you jump in one of our games, atm we kinda just do it when we have enough people on who aren't busy.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

I will try and get a group up for this.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Vega/Delo

Post by Vega/Delo »

Great idea! Couple things. Use a metal chest to stop a chopper, and lots of ore to stop a straight up run and chug attempt.

SirRobin

Post by SirRobin »

Abyz wrote:I will try and get a group up for this.
Sound good man, let me know, best way to communicate times and stuff is probably PMs to avoid randoms dropping in.
Vega/Delo wrote:Great idea! Couple things. Use a metal chest to stop a chopper, and lots of ore to stop a straight up run and chug attempt.
I like both of these ideas and will be implementing them, thanks!

Wazza

Post by Wazza »

Majestic is ready , due to timezone what about sunday 3pm servertime, should be 10pm for us.

3 guys, maybe 4

SirRobin

Post by SirRobin »

Wazza wrote:Majestic is ready , due to timezone what about sunday 3pm servertime, should be 10pm for us.

3 guys, maybe 4
Server time is EST right?

We'll shoot to have that many on at that time, worst case is that if one guild has more people on than the other we can just do a best out of 3 or something rotating who plays so everyone gets a chance. I'll let the guys know.

SirRobin

Post by SirRobin »

Wazza wrote:Majestic is ready , due to timezone what about sunday 3pm servertime, should be 10pm for us.

3 guys, maybe 4
I just remembered due to a previous irl plan, I probably personally won't be on to do it at that time, but can send the war invite on Saturday night or something and have other guild members still attend at that time.

Freak Show

Post by Freak Show »

^
<Vega> cruising for a bruising with my fast ass![/size]
[00:01] <Jumbi> any other idiotic questions
[00:01] <Jumbi> no i cant tell your sex i am not a fortune teller!
[00:01] <Jumbi> leave me alone
[00:02] <Vega> rofl

Silent Killer

Post by Silent Killer »

Abyz wrote:I will try and get a group up for this.
i'll be on your team abyz :P
Image Image

qwebirc41039

Post by qwebirc41039 »

do metal chests come with keys?

MJohnson

Post by MJohnson »

Sup... what time will it happen ?!

Return to “Player Run Events”