Hunger Games Style PvP Event!

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Hunger Games Style PvP Event!

Post by Roser »

I've decided to turn my Dire Conquest event castle into a better game! Essentially it's going to be the same thing as Hunger Games but in the UO world, and inside a castle.

All players start out with nothing, items will be placed carefully throughout the castle and the last one to stand will be the winner.

I'm starting construction on my castle today, when it's done ill do up an official thread and all that.

If anyone has any idea's please feel free to throw them my way.

Some current idea's...

*Put a Silver serpent in the castle somewhere (maybe something lesser like giant spiders or scorps)
*Place stacks of regs 5 at a time in chests so its harder/time consuming to loot regs.
*Lots of lower end weapons and very few high end weps (kill someone with a pick axe, lol)
*Preventative measures towards newbie weapons (no newbie weps allowed)
*Use a guild stone to prevent counts
*No standard pvp weapons. No hallies or katanas.
*Restock macros make looting chests faster. Spread the regs out in multiple bags.
*Add ons to break Los
*Use Tinker Traps - Lesser explode, lesser poison, GM darts. (Use more forgiving traps, no insta kill)
*Use scrolls for spells, make regs limited and hard to get.
*Starter bag (clothing, torch, fishsteaks)
*Detect hidden timer (2-5 mins with a text warning countdown)
Last edited by Roser on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

Storx

Re: Hunger Games Style PvP Event!

Post by Storx »

sounds sweet let's do this shiz!
[16:18] <jaygee> theres a nobs born every day storx

[09:50] <Gandalf[7thson]> if you guys can't handle that everyone who plays this game isn't a greasy nerd with a fat wife then I dont know what to tell you guys

Downs

Post by Downs »

No standard pvp weapons. No hallies or katanas.

Restock macros make looting chests faster. Spread the regs out in multiple bags.

Add ons to break Los

Great idea
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Thank you Downs, Updated OP with more Ideas. Keep em comin' :)

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Should I use fixed starting locations? (using dyed cloth squares and color coordination) or should everyone start in the same room? (wrestle fest)

Feraknight
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Feraknight »

This sounds like an awesome idea... Though what you can do is like 4 at a time, and then each person is gated in to courtyard (one on each wall of courtyard), and can choose to run and gather or wrestle fest..
Derrick wrote:It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I'd like to keep the CY off limits as it's pretty secure (maybe 100% since HC deleted his rune?)

My vision has as many people possible, 4 is a bit to small.

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

I'll donate a stack of silver for your front step to see if it's secure. I deleted and you should be safe. Oh, and I get in the first round!
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Downs

Post by Downs »

Tinker trap strength is determined by skill, not materials used. Gotta make a non gm tinker for less dmg on traps, or stay away from chumboxes
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

HC I like that idea lol.

Down's good to know, I will have to get some 50 skill traps made.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

every so often gate in lower aggressive tameable spawn, release them then immediately EQ. On a timer to be fair. Maybe where the higher end weapons are in the open on tables or something.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

no taming if yer gona have a scorp
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

memememe

Post by memememe »

Rose wrote:I'd like to keep the CY off limits as it's pretty secure (maybe 100% since HC deleted his rune?)

My vision has as many people possible, 4 is a bit to small.
Get everyone into a "prep" house. Put up a secure table wall boxing everyone in. Lock the house. Kill everyone. Loot everyone. Rez everyone. Give everyone 1 specific item. Have them pick said item up and hold it on the cursor. Snoop everyone to check for forbidden items (if they hold the "placeholder" item they can't hold a newbied DP spear or long sword, for instance).

A) 100% sure that no one has forbidden items. B) 100% sure no one has a rune on them.

That way you can even use the CY as no one could mark even once they gathered the regs. Maybe do the whole prep process in a few different houses, or in a house with different table-boxed spots. Gate each spot to a different rune in your CY.

A few ideas:
- the better weapons and armor should be really close to breaking, so people can't win the whole thing by getting 1 good weapon
- Detect-Hidden bot on a timer to avoid a total hide-stealth fest, but long enough that both skills are useful
- don't forget a motar and pestle as well as (empty) potions / archery weapons and their ammunition
- if you wanna go really deep, the items and addons needed to smith weapons ;)
- Hunger Games style pair of 2 people, only they are allowed to do beneficial things to each other?
- prep it so NOONE! can scout out the field, almost everything in a bag or chest so no one can scout out a route before hand, just a few shinys on tables to provoke a few early fights
- some things locked down, some movable, some too heavy to run away with, some items inside of bags of bags of bags of bags of bags

PS: The setting is just epic. Loving it already.
Last edited by memememe on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

This is freaking genious. Let me know if theres anything I can do, including donations.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

farnk

Post by farnk »

Aye this sounds awesome, like menk said, I will be willing to donate accordingly if need be. Lemme know rose.