The UoH "LAST MAN STANDING TOURNAMENT!

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The UoH "LAST MAN STANDING TOURNAMENT!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Tired of waiting for our dungeon crawls? Want to let off some of that excitement in other ways?

Saturdays! I am officially hosting a Last man standing tourney at the UoH town castle. Why should you come?

I'm going to run this event 3 times every Saturday. That's a total of 150k per day! I have a castle deed in total to work through!
Event will start at 5 pm CST! This is a no holds barred event.

Here's how it will work:

1. You get 50k if you are the last man standing.
2. We do it three times! . You could win 150k (if you're good enough)
3. Mages, fighters, poisoners...I don't care. This is your chance to shine.
4. Don't bring anything you can't stand to lose. I can't control everyone.

Here's what you have to do for me:

Just post here that you are interested and it will count as you signing up. I will broadcast when it comes near time and I'll gate you to UOH town. If you know how to get here, you can do it yourself.
Attachments
GuardianKnight_10-19_22.19-1.jpg
GuardianKnight_10-19_22.19-1.jpg (149.39 KiB) Viewed 3565 times
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Loathed

Re: The UoH "LAST MAN STANDING TOURNAMENT!

Post by Loathed »

i like it, i might make it!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I work sundays but that is a great idea. I wonder if many thieves will come in just to loot and recall out?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

bump

If at least 5 people aren't present, I will postpone this until next week.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Can we postpone for a few hours? Maybe make it 8pm CT/ 9ET ??

I will definitely come if you can make the change.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I am going to postpone this until Saturday next week. I will be able to run it earlier by then.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

TODAY 6pm est/5pm CST Meet at britain for gates!

killaboy

Post by killaboy »

Ill be there
-Ursula

[11:31] <@Vintirex-droid> Cause he wants to flirt like a 7 year old I'm out silver

[18:55] <Soma_> I would definitely go transginger for millions of doll hairs

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I didn't get a ton of people to show up, so for the 5 that were kind enough to entertain me for 10 minutes, they all got 50k each.

Stay tuned for a variety of different event ideas that maybe you will all be interested in.
GuardianKnight_10-26_17.06.jpg
GuardianKnight_10-26_17.09.jpg
GuardianKnight_10-26_17.09.jpg (153.39 KiB) Viewed 3370 times
GuardianKnight_10-26_17.13.jpg
GuardianKnight_10-26_17.13.jpg (153.99 KiB) Viewed 3370 times
GuardianKnight_10-26_17.13-1.jpg
GuardianKnight_10-26_17.19.jpg

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Those are tight quarters. I been working carpentry all day, I thought it was to be on Sunday.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I moved it to Saturday after no one showed up for the one on Sunday. Interestingly enough, I got more people on Saturday. STill not enough to warrant continuation. Will just have to work up something else.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I think you should up the ante... if you got a provoker release a dragon and provoke unto random grey humans every ten seconds. Kind of like a Russian Roulette. Make it a gladiator arena at times with lesser beasts as well. With numerous creatures those aggressive like slimes you can just have wander....other things like bears you will have to provoke one at a time and target the players at random.

Arena would be fun. Include a spectator area. Allow the placing of in game bets if the contestants are few. The winners divvy up the shares of those who bet on the champions that lose.

Sometimes you can decide on summons...Vortex or Spirits as they are chaotic. Dispel/Invisible/Recall results in disqualification.You would have to box in the summon point except for one or two sides or designate the area with cloth and have it off limits to players.

Make use of Jehlom at times. Create a Gauntlet where other players can help expand on where you are going with this. Like I said before those quarters are tight and having a lot of chaos going on would draw crowds for sure. Sometimes close quarters is great other times I think you want some room.

Another idea would be like 6 minutes of death....each minute another dragon or wyrm is gated in released and provoked. (or you can gradually build it up to dragon or wyrm over time) You would have to set a new macro each time a creature is entered to include the new beast beforehand.

I think many are not comfortable in their ability to pvp and this would help balance things out. Being known mostly as a tamer you should take this title to greater heights. There is a lot of room for imagination too, you can set themes like ice with all white tames....or force the players to fight with every spot in the arena covered in sheep and it doesn't have to be just one sheep (or non-aggressive creature) per tile in a melee/bandage only fight with a set number of bandages (bulls/cows instead of sheep for only leather armor matches etc.). Lots of options which can also include NPC's.

Matches like these which are more difficult could require a buy in of 10,000 gold or something for a set number of contestants on a first come basis, winner takes all, and have brokers for people taking bets at 1,000 gold per person. Make a schedule to allow people to buy in so we can have a rough idea when they should be happening.

Return to “Player Run Events”