The Birth of DUK : A TREASURE HUNTING EVENT

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Papa Duck

The Birth of DUK : A TREASURE HUNTING EVENT

Post by Papa Duck »

Hello to all,
I would like to start a Treasure hunting/IDOC guild, as to quell the boredom that comes from doing such events solo. So to hopefully kick up some interest and give something back to the newer players i purpose the following event.

I will take whatever group of participants that shows up on 5 level 4 Treasure hunts! ALL ITEMS will go to the participants at the end. I figure that at the end I will divide all items into participant grab bags UNIDENTIFIED! That way everyone gets a fair shake with the items and left over gold. Now I realize there are people here that will want nothing more than to come in and gank everyone. Guess What..... That's fine!!! We play here because there is no trammel! All I'd ask from our pk and griefer brethren alike is just DON'T LOOT THE CHEST! I don't care if you kill everyone, their mounts, and loot them dry. If you will leave everything in the chest untouched it gives people the random lotto chance to come ahead with the right magic item. So if lets say pk's wipe out everyone all I'd ask is dont loot the chest, after you get your loot from corpses don't res kill (people who talk smack get res killed obv its UOSA), and lastly allow myself to complete that singular stage of map so we can continue the event even after destruction. Also I realize that screen shots of me being insta-killed because someone retrapped the chest would be hilarious and I hope we can bring back some of those great times back when people would actively screenshot the fun they were having, just DONT LOOT THE CHEST! (Lets be honest most of the PK's who are invading events don't need more loot)

So what I need to know is if as a community can we pull this off? It would take effort from everyone no matter your play style. I believe the following event would offer a "piece of the pie to everyone" as they say. Pk'ers get to kill, PvMer's get to kill (and learn a lil PvP :D ) , and at the end those who participated still get something even if they got wiped out. So in addition to a "shard wide" gentlemen's agreement I would need a guild to provide some muscle so we're not wiped out immediately, and someone to sell me 5 level 4 t-maps (lol). SO If there is enough interest and some of the more influential people on this shard can help back it up even slightly i think we can pull this off and eventually start to bring some life back to the shard. People whine and argue over auto events but no one is willing to put in effort to do one themselves besides a slight few. I know what I'm proposing is a lil more Trammely then some will like, but we have to bend or we will break and this shard will die.

*If what I purpose is really far off base please let me know. I just really enjoy the shard and want people to be more active, so discuss pros, cons, and everything else I want to make SOMETHING work*

Capitalist

Re: The Birth of DUK : A TREASURE HUNTING EVENT

Post by Capitalist »

Papa Duck wrote: All I'd ask from our pk and griefer brethren alike is just DON'T LOOT THE CHEST! I don't care if you kill everyone, their mounts, and loot them dry. If you will leave everything in the chest untouched it gives people the random lotto chance to come ahead with the right magic item. So if lets say pk's wipe out everyone all I'd ask is dont loot the chest, after you get your loot from corpses don't res kill (people who talk smack get res killed obv its UOSA), and lastly allow myself to complete that singular stage of map so we can continue the event even after destruction.
Papa Duck wrote:Hello to all,
We play here because there is no trammel!
Did anyone else get a chuckle out of this?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Papa Duck

Post by Papa Duck »

After much consideration through the night after my post, I've decided to abort the birth :cry: . Sad but really who wants to bring a life into a world like this :lol: ...............................

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Papa Duck wrote:After much consideration through the night after my post, I've decided to abort the birth :cry: . Sad but really who wants to bring a life into a world like this :lol: ...............................
I've taken your life out of this world so many times, yet you still keep coming back.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

I hate to say it, but the chest will undoubtedly be looted very quickly. I think this idea would work a lot better with bulk level 3 maps, that way you could pop a chest, post the whereabouts, and continue doing so. Maybe a few at once.
^

Vitiek

Post by Vitiek »

Sounds like it could have been interesting. Sad that you decided to not go forward with it. :/ I sent you a PM if you're interested in teaming up for some treasure hunts or the like :D

Return to “Player Run Events”