SSPC Grand Opening was a huge success! (CTF Critique Post)

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

SSPC Grand Opening was a huge success! (CTF Critique Post)

Post by Abyz »

Thanks to everyone who participated! I know things weren't perfect, but the battle was epic! I had a blast refereeing and watching you guys slay each other repeatedly. Thanks to Mammoth and Anarcho for providing announcements and NPC healers!

If anyone has any screenshots, please post a few.

On to business... In an effort to make our homemade CTF event as fun and fair as possible, I want to know the opinions of all who participated and/or observed. What could make it better? What could make it more fair? What else could be done to keep honest people honest, to avoid people cheating? Post any and all ideas here and we will tweak things for the next event.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

PorkTornado

Re: SSPC Grand Opening was a huge success! (CTF Critique Pos

Post by PorkTornado »

Bummer I missed it... For some reason I thought this was gonna be later in the day. Oh well I'll try to catch the next one.
Glad it went well!

raasclaat

Post by raasclaat »

yeah me too. ! When is the next ? Sunday arvo??

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Were prizes given out?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

illmatic

Post by illmatic »

It was fun, possibly a time limit on ctf, then it turns in to a death match where you remove the healers. Also create rule that that protects from rez killing. Maybe you have to wait until the player has looted and has his robe back on, or until he engages on somone. Not sure how to regulate that. I wasn't rez killed but I saw it happen a few times. Def some flag issues that need work. Overall it was fun and would attend more.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

I had a blast! I almost pee'd in my pants when our team got "lost" in the castle (we couldn't find the way to the blue corner)!

I don't know if ppl told you this, but Pak was putting the box in the wooden boxes in the north-west corner. You migth wanna remove those :) And let the ppl come without their rides (easy to get stuck there). I would let everyone come with GM gear for warriors and regs, halberds for mages. Other than that you got it covered I think. Thanks for the fun!
Shop at Stop&Shop in Yew. We restock daily!

Selling bulk boards and ingots. PM me over forums or in IRC.

Are you new on server? Check our site out: http://uonew.cephcom.net

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

I had a blast! I almost pee'd in my pants when our team got "lost" in the castle (we couldn't find the way to the blue corner)!

I don't know if ppl told you this, but Pak was putting the box in the wooden boxes in the north-west corner. You migth wanna remove those :) And let the ppl come without their rides (easy to get stuck there). I would let everyone come with GM gear for warriors and regs, halberds for mages. Other than that you got it covered I think. Thanks for the fun!
Shop at Stop&Shop in Yew. We restock daily!

Selling bulk boards and ingots. PM me over forums or in IRC.

Are you new on server? Check our site out: http://uonew.cephcom.net

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Thanks for the input guys... most of the concerns have been addressed. Rez killing was addressed in my pre-game pep talk, but I guess a few people didnt respect the "robe rule". The crates will be removed... Ummm I have converted the flag system to a single flag located on the roof. This will shorten round times. As far as flagging and counts go, thats the main issue at this point. I'd KILL to have the castle be made a no-count zone!
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Return to “Player Run Events”