Getting a twitch streamer to try UO for few hours!

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Tumeski

Getting a twitch streamer to try UO for few hours!

Post by Tumeski »

Hello everyone,

I have been a member of UOSA for some many years now and always loved this place. Now after getting involved with a streamer called Rushlock (http://www.twitch.tv/rushlock) and having donated to him a bit he offered me a possibility to choose a game for him to play for few hours and I thought UO should have a go at his stream! What this means is that Rushlock will play UO here for few hours and do it live on his channel.

Rushlock plays a lot of Eve Online and few other games, but Ultima Online is a new thing for him so this should be something awesome for us veteran players of UO aswell the new people who might get excited for this from the stream.

The stream will be playing UO:SA at 16:00 GMT - 27.8.2014

The stream can be found here http://www.twitch.tv/rushlock

You can ask questions prio to the stream here etc. I will be giving this link to Rush and he will be checking it.

PS. Do you have any ideas we should do/show to Rushlock about Ultima Online?

Devatus family
Image UO player since '99

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Getting a twitch streamer to try UO for few hours!

Post by Roser »

Nice work Tumeski, this is a brilliant way to bring new players to the shard.

Jay

Post by Jay »

or at least give rose a boner

Tumeski

Post by Tumeski »

Rose wrote:Nice work Tumeski, this is a brilliant way to bring new players to the shard.
Rose, would you be willing to be part of it somehow? You could help to showcase the cool houses that are in the game and rare items etc :wink:
Devatus family

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Yes boner.

Tumeski, Ill be in the stream or as long as I can be. Ill do what I can in game while he is playing.

Tumeski

Post by Tumeski »

Stream went great, we had fun for two hours and got good response from stream. People were excited for old classic and younger people interested how cool game UO still is! We met some cool guys and bought a large boat and went fishing! After fishing we gathered in Trinsic tavern to cook the fish and have a meal haha. Also we took a quick look at basic functions of how the game works and how get started with it!

Rushlock seemed to enjoy the time we had and there will most likely be more of this "raise awareness of UOSA" in the future!

Thanks for everyone & till next time :!:
Devatus family

Mulahey

Post by Mulahey »

Tumeski - this is awesome! Good job man! Just two days ago I tried to lure an online friend of mine to play UOSA. (maybe someone noticed the weird looking language conversation on ventrilo chat hehe). We spent some time in-game, I tried to explain some basics to him and we'll see if he liked it or not. I didn´t hear from him yet since then so I hope I didn´t scare him too much haha! :-D

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."

Tumeski

Post by Tumeski »

Mulahey wrote:Tumeski - this is awesome! Good job man! Just two days ago I tried to lure an online friend of mine to play UOSA. (maybe someone noticed the weird looking language conversation on ventrilo chat hehe). We spent some time in-game, I tried to explain some basics to him and we'll see if he liked it or not. I didn´t hear from him yet since then so I hope I didn´t scare him too much haha! :-D
Thanks for your support on this :) We did get many people interested in UOSA after the stream and I will (even force if I have to haha) help Rushlock in his progress through UOSA and promote to new generation of players how cool these older games were.
Devatus family

Return to “Player Run Events”