The 2015 Winter House Decor Contest! (extended until 2/25)

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Apocalypse

Re: The 2015 Winter House Decor Contest! (extended until 2/2

Post by Apocalypse »

Nothing kicks off the start of winter like everyone's favorite holiday. Captured below is Santa making a visit to the Trinsic Jungles and preparing to spread Christmas cheer and warm happy holiday wishes to the natives.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

My Christmas-themed submission:

Santa's Workshop!

This keep is Santa's headquarters for his toy-manufacturing operation, and thus is littered with figurines, statues, instruments, board games, masks, jewelry, and other toys. Elves can be found running back and forth in an attempt to make enough toys by Christmas time! A separate "boy's" and "girl's" chamber on the bottom floor makes sorting presents by gender a breeze. One of the more musically-inclined elves has put together a special poem, take a look at it below.
Bonus Poem[+]
Santas Workshop (Full-sized Images)[+]
Santas Workshop (Smaller Images)[+]
Location in-game[+]
Last edited by Treysta on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pixelclicker

Post by Pixelclicker »

I would like to enter my tower "Pants Optional" at 101.57'N 105.11'E
Attachments
We see here the impressively-decorated kitchen, along with a dining table set for Christmas dinner where guests can gaze at the pentagram as they contemplate Jesus' birthday.
We see here the impressively-decorated kitchen, along with a dining table set for Christmas dinner where guests can gaze at the pentagram as they contemplate Jesus' birthday.
The armory, in case some fat guy with a neckbeard tries to break in through the chimney
The armory, in case some fat guy with a neckbeard tries to break in through the chimney
Plenty of parking on the roof
Plenty of parking on the roof
Last edited by Pixelclicker on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<@BoomlandJenkins> I got home, got on UO right away and I knew something was up before I even made it to the spawner, because there were 35+ in the Justice woods and not one person was PKing one another.

PorkTornado

Post by PorkTornado »

Meanwhile in Maine....

The family here at Alfond Arena regret to inform our fans that our beloved maintenance man Carl has passed away. After clearing off all the snow on our outdoor ice rink for the 18th time this season, Carl had a massive heart attack. Upon hearing that we here in Orono were expected to receive another 12 inches of snow over night he collapsed. Funeral services will be held this upcoming weekend and people can pay their respects for the many years Carl has given to Alfond Arena and the University of Maine.
So come to Alfond Arena and the home of the Black Bears for a charity game against our rivals UNH this weekend. All proceeds from food and drinks will go to Carls surviving family to help pay for funeral costs. With your purchase of a ticket you'll get to an inside look at our locker rooms and our Hockey East trophy room on the first floor.

We hope to see you all this weekend and remember, GO BLACK BEARS!!!
Attachments
Pork Tornado_2-22_10.13.jpg
Pork Tornado_2-22_10.14.jpg
Pork Tornado_2-22_10.24-1.jpg

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Entering your own competition after two extensions? No ethical challenges here!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Capitalist wrote:Entering your own competition after two extensions? No ethical challenges here!
Considering Trey has 0 impact on the judging process, there are no ethical challenges here.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Anna

Post by Anna »

Just as Kailea and I had given up on any other theme but "swampy" for this keep in the Fens of the Dead, good ole Mr. Winter came and zazzed up this the surrounding areas of Britain! We decided to "turn lemons into lemonade" and make the best of what we had been given. We began by making a big warm fireplace in front of a super soft couch, perhaps too big of a fireplace and had to retreat to the bar while our nightmares enjoyed the heat. After establishing some common work areas and lengths of luxurious red carpets, we decided to get the kitchen up and running with all that hard work we just did!

To our misfortune the snap freeze had frozen our fish tank solid! But it had also frozen a large section of the swamp... so we decided that maybe we could use this opportunity to try a new art form... Swamp Ice Sculpting!

After mastering this once in a lifetime opportunity, we decided to see what other wonders Mr. Winter had left for us... a few dye tubs later and we were able to leave a little sign of appreciation to him, hopefully one he could see even form the clouds above!

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Capitalist wrote:Entering your own competition after two extensions? No ethical challenges here!
Your tears taste of sweetness
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Great job everyone! Wtb winter festive trophy pm me!
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

I was gonna set my small up for it this afternoon but had to work late b/c of call outs. Dang CHUMPS!

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

I've received just over half the judge's scores. It looks like we'll have the final pieces this evening and I will post the winners either this evening or tomorrow morning.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

That's a tough one to judge.. I'm not an official judge, I liked Anna's for the overall effort of that Swamp of the Fens Keep.

But.. who was that with the santa's sleigh and reindeer? That was pretty epic. It's a shame this housing contest came a few months after Christmas. i've also seen a small house on the server that wasn't in this competition, but looked like a miner set a deep whole into the middle of it.
Catskills 97-99

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

The results are in!
[color=#FF0000]Boomland Jenkins[/color] wrote:Below are the 3 categories with house numbers. Each judge could give a value of 1 through 5 per house, for a maximum score of 25 points.

SMALLS:
House #5, Markus | 4,3,3,3,2 = 15
House #3, Ohm | 2,1,2,3,1 = 9

LARGE:
House #2, Pork Tornado | 2,2,3,1,4 = 12
House #4, Kali | 4,3,2,3,3 = 15
House #6, KatD | 2,3,3,2,1 = 12

FORTRESS:
House #1, Dragor | 4,4,2,3,1 = 14
House #7, Apocalypse | 4,3,3,3,2 = 15
House #8, Pixelclicker | 3,2,4,2,2 = 13
House #9, PorkTornado | 3,4,2,4,3 = 16
House #10, Anna | 4,2,1,4,3 = 14
House #11, Treysta | 5,3,4,2,3 = 17
The winning houses, by score, are "The Drunk Alaskan", "Don't eat the yellow snow!!", and "Santa's Workshop!".

Winners should receive their trophies shortly. Boomland will chime in on that if it'll take longer than a day or two.

I will be contacting the winners shortly about selecting prizes from the pool. I will be extending the fortress prize pool to the next highest rated person in the fortress category (porktornado).

Thanks for entering everybody!!
^

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

shenanigans
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?