The 2015 Winter House Decor Contest! (extended until 2/25)

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Treysta

The 2015 Winter House Decor Contest! (extended until 2/25)

Post by Treysta »

The 2015 Winter House Decor Contest!

The holidays may be over but 2015 is a new year with brand new events! Join us in celebrating house decor by participating in the 2015 Winter House Decor Contest. This event, unlike the Fall one, will feature three categories of houses which will be judged separately. This means that everybody can participate regardless of how big or small your house(s) may be! Please read the contest details carefully before submitting.

Contest Details:
  • • The three categories of submissions are as follows:
    • [1] "Small Houses"
      [2] "Large Houses" (Patios/Bricks/L-Shapes)
      [3] "Fortresses" (Towers/Keeps/Castles)
    • You will have until Wednesday, February the 18th 25th, at noon EST to submit your entries.
    • Entries must be a screenshot or video posted on the forums. You must include UOAM coordinates.
    • Include a title, description, or even a story with your submission. Be creative!
    • No entry limits. Submit one or a thousand entries.
    • No prize limit. You can win in all 3 categories.

All entries will be manually verified both upon submission and upon the resolution of the contest, so be sure to include directions or coordinates with your submission. Your house must remain decorated through the entire process--we want people to be able to visit these houses. If we deem you a winner and your house is no longer decorated, you will not receive a prize.

The winners will be announced on Sunday, February the 22nd March 1st.
Judging Procedure:
  • Entries will be judged based on criteria including (a) relevance to the theme (b) attention to detail (c) originality and (d) title/description/backstory. In order to maintain the integrity of the contest, I will not be judging the entries. The judging process will be the same as the Fall contest and will be entirely handled by the GMs. You may contact Boomland with any questions or concerns regarding the judging process.
Prize Structure:
  • (1) Winners receive a 4-silver trophy with a special "wintery" hue:
    (2) Additionally, choose TWO prizes from the pool below!
    • • 1x pure Nightmare mount
      • 2,000 of each reagent
      • 1x set of dyed potion kegs (refresh/cure/heal/agi/str/explo)
      • 1x small house deed
      • 22,000 boards
      • 7,500 iron ingots
      • 10,000 blank scrolls
      • 6,250 empty bottles
Last edited by Treysta on Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

Dragor
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The 2015 Winter House Decor Contest! (ends Feb 18th)

Post by Dragor »

Bah, already took it down :(
Attachments
Dragor_12-13_23.52.jpg

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

Awesome idea,

I'm not super into this stuff but I'll try to have an L shape entry for this. I live out of it, and play pretty lightly, don't own shit for rares because I like liquid (bankable) assets... but I'll give it the ol' GM carpenter college try.
Catskills 97-99

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Eastwood wrote:Awesome idea,

I'm not super into this stuff but I'll try to have an L shape entry for this. I live out of it, and play pretty lightly, don't own shit for rares because I like liquid (bankable) assets... but I'll give it the ol' GM carpenter college try.
The value of the items you choose to decorate with is not a factor the judges will consider, don't worry!
^

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

Will the statues be personalized like the fall event?

example: Guinea Worm 3rd place winner winter deco...

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

TI_Smithy wrote:Will the statues be personalized like the fall event?

example: Guinea Worm 3rd place winner winter deco...
Will get back to you asap, gotta ask.

Edit:
[color=#FF0000]Boomland Jenkins[/color] wrote:Statues will have the name attached to it.
Last edited by Treysta on Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
^

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

EDIT.

PorkTornado

Post by PorkTornado »

Old Man Winter got you frozen to the core? Escape the snow and cold and rest your bones at the Inn of the Prancing Pony.

Enjoy conversation with travelers from all around Sosaria. Fill your belly with the bounty of food that overfloweth from our kitchen.
After you've had your fill of food, grab your pint of ale (yes they come in PINTS!) and head out to our patio and stay warm by the fire. If gambling is in your nature, test your accuracy on our dartboard. Be sure to pay your debts! The Prancing Pony assumes no responsibility for what may happen to those that don't (some men have been found dead in their beds the next morning).
Attachments
Pork Tornado_2-4_23.23-1.jpg

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Mooooar houses! These trophies aren't going to earn themselves!
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

[Uhh] Metal Works

[Uhh]'s Metal Works was originally built to aid our clearing of Snake's Pass in order to create [Uhh] Valley. Later on, wandering miners used it as a rest stop, where they could smelt all the ore they were lugging around and escape the blistering sun. Soon after, the mass murderer, PINK BOOTS, noticed this travesty and became enraged at the fact that these lowly miners dare trespass in the domain of [Uhh]. He waited til the time was right.
During one particularly warm night, with a rather large congregation of peasants lounging around, PINK BOOTS descended onto the tiny wooden shack. What ensued was nothing short of a massacre. As PINK BOOTS nears his final victim, the man begins screeching something about a wife and kids. Unperturbed, the mass murderer raises his +25 vanquishing halberd of thunder. Just as the man takes what he believes to be his last breath, PINK BOOTS freezes.
"Go. Go now and tell your filthy friends what happened here today."
Without skipping a beat, the man lurches to his feet and takes off faster than CmaN in an evenly matched fight.
PINK BOOTS has since gone into a deep meditative trance and has not been seen for some time. To this day no one knows what came of the man that got away. But we do know, those wandering the Northern Britain area seem to pass by [Uhh] Valley as though there is nothing there, just solid mountain.
Now as I walk by this forgotten hut, on those oddly warm nights I can hear the old tattered bellows pumping life into the long dead forge. Could it be the ghost of some miner, unaware that he is dead, still trying to lighten his load of ore? Or is it some brave craftsman, testing his fate. DUN DUN DUN..

[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Kali

Post by Kali »

Don't eat the yellow snow!!

They are supposed to be cleaning the snow off the porch and this is what happens. I got a snowman and some yellow snow!
Attachments
winter festive deco1.jpg
winter festive deco1.jpg (251.86 KiB) Viewed 4782 times
winter festive deco2.jpg
winter festive deco2.jpg (205.72 KiB) Viewed 4782 times

Markus

Post by Markus »

The Drunk Alaskan - it's just how we do winter!
Attachments
The Drunk Alaskan.jpg
The Drunk Alaskan.jpg (71.05 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
Drunk Alaskan coordinates.jpg
Drunk Alaskan coordinates.jpg (3.29 KiB) Viewed 4723 times

KatD

Post by KatD »

The PP Winter Retreat is a time for us to come back to ourselves. As the days draw in and the temperature cools, the PP Winter Retreat is a cozy time of living and unwinding from the pressures of that day’s deed. With a fully staffed kitchen and a bar including a fish tank and game room, we can enjoy our spoils and riches.
House location: Dagger Island
House Name: PP Winter Retreat
House Deco by Daenerys of PP Guild
Attachments
J1m0l3L.jpg
J1m0l3L.jpg (69.05 KiB) Viewed 4685 times
mapdeco.jpg
mapdeco.jpg (69.37 KiB) Viewed 4685 times

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Trophy preview! One of these could be yours!

Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

nevermind

Re: The 2015 Winter House Decor Contest! (extended until 2/2

Post by nevermind »

if any of you guys that are involved in this are looking for naughty bags halloween bags or there contents pm me or hit me up on irc
irc axejunkie