Green vs. Orange

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Green vs. Orange

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

Serpents hold: the orange teams small is located here.
Chaos shrine: the green teams small is located here.

Inside the smalls there will be 2 containers.
1 will be locked down the other will be secure.
The secure container will be for the other teams heads only.
The locked down container will be for Ore only.

The teams score points by capturing the other teams ore and by getting kills.
kills will be logged by removing the head and placing it in the secure container inside your teams base (small).

Kills are worth 1 point each capping the other teams ore is worth 10.
To capture a teams ore you must obtain the other teams ore and put it into your ore chest.
Chests will be checked periodically if a team recaps the ore before check time they will get the points.

If the ore comes up missing or more ore is added then what is supposed to be there then that part of the event might be excluded.

This event will end on thanksgiving day.

Current Roster:
Green team:
SinBad
Wiz kid
Nickodemuse
Ali

Orange team:
Morgan 1109
Rose
Vega
Saber

Current prize pool: 648k for winning team.
(prize pool will grow)
*donations
Ali 100,000
28 silver Ursula

*Edit*
Just to touch up on a few FAQs
If a secure contain becomes full i will empty it and keep the full container in a secure place.
I may check the ore boxes as frequently as every hour to as long as once a day.

CTF Portion:
I've decided to run the CTF portion of this event intermittently so it will be run once a day(if possible) although the time its ran may change and it may happen more then once in a day.

I will announce said CTF an hour before i start it. I will also try my best to have a gm announce it if they are available.

Touching up on the ore heres how i want this to work lets say there is 10 ore in each house.

Scenario 1: You take ore from house A to house B, I then do an hourly check i see that house B has 20 ore so 20 points will be awarded. 10 for each houses ore.

Scenario 2: You take Ore from house A to house B,its been less then an hour and House A reclaims the ore along with house Bs ore, I then do the hourly check House A gets 20 points.

Scenario 3: Neither team takes the ore.I do an hourly Check House A and B awarded 10 points.

Ore may be changed to a special hue of cloth to prevent cheating.*or atleast make it harder*

Ore will be reset after points are awarded!

*Kills will still be logged by removing the head but there will also be a disputement system in place.
If i feel a player has played unfairly or another player reports to me that kills were faked
The player who got the kills will have to provide SS's will current Guild tag in the SS.
Without GM abilities this is really the only way i can do things i ask everyone to be honest so that this system will not have to be used.
If it does and if a player is found cheating or cannot provide SS's said player will be kicked from the event and there kills deducted from their team.

There will also be a bag for each individual player so if you notice heads in your bag that aren't yours notify me so we can sort it out.

Thanks guys im trying to keep this as simple as possible but this just getting more complicated ::P
Last edited by kevin-theidocghost on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Green vs. Orange

event will start once a decent amount of players join both teams.
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

How many ppl you need? Count me in.

Ali

Post by Ali »

I would sign up for this.

Great event idea.
Boomland Jenkins wrote:
The Internet giveth and the Internet taketh away.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I'm in

Saber

Post by Saber »

SURE

WizKid

Post by WizKid »

Cool idea. If I'm able I'll toss a toon on one of the stones. Also, if enough people end up participating I will definitely donate! +1

PS I would prefer to be on a team w/ players I like to fight with. Will you be making efforts to have even numbers on each team & how will you go about doing so?
Saber wrote:i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
Saber wrote:garentee'd

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

WizKid wrote:Cool idea. If I'm able I'll toss a toon on one of the stones. Also, if enough people end up participating I will definitely donate! +1

PS I would prefer to be on a team w/ players I like to fight with. Will you be making efforts to have even numbers on each team & how will you go about doing so?
im still trying to decide how i will sort players i understand people who play together will want to continue to do so but i also need teams to be somewhat balanced.

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

ok ive decided that i will allow players do choose which team they play on but if balance cannot be found ill have to intervene.
Please post which team you'd like to be on so i can add you to the roster.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

First of all, great idea. I love the capture the flag style concept. I’ll gladly donate to the prize pool, and participate. I only get about 4-8 hours of play time a week though, so the team that gets stuck with me will probably view me as an impediment.

If I understand this right, it will be a multi-day or multi-month event. What’s to stop someone from logging in at 4 am and moving all the stones since nobody is on to defend it? With the low population and low level of participation (see above) it could be quite easy to find a time when you can get some risk free ore piles. It might work better as a one day event (start at server up and end at server down).

The other main concern is you can carry about 20 piles at a time, or 1,000 at a time if you drag/drop. What’s to stop someone from taking one huge pile to get multiple scores. Wouldn’t bags filled with ore (think bag ball) be a better option? If each bag had 250 stones in it, there would be enough room for a decent amount of gear and not have to drag/drop, but still heavy enough to not carry 2 flags (bags) at once.

Turning serpents hold into a battlefield would be quite the fun experience though. The PVP minded could finally get their fill.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

WTS all types of ore

P.S. I'm in
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

morgan1109 wrote:First of all, great idea. I love the capture the flag style concept. I’ll gladly donate to the prize pool, and participate. I only get about 4-8 hours of play time a week though, so the team that gets stuck with me will probably view me as an impediment.

If I understand this right, it will be a multi-day or multi-month event. What’s to stop someone from logging in at 4 am and moving all the stones since nobody is on to defend it? With the low population and low level of participation (see above) it could be quite easy to find a time when you can get some risk free ore piles. It might work better as a one day event (start at server up and end at server down).

The other main concern is you can carry about 20 piles at a time, or 1,000 at a time if you drag/drop. What’s to stop someone from taking one huge pile to get multiple scores. Wouldn’t bags filled with ore (think bag ball) be a better option? If each bag had 250 stones in it, there would be enough room for a decent amount of gear and not have to drag/drop, but still heavy enough to not carry 2 flags (bags) at once.

Turning serpents hold into a battlefield would be quite the fun experience though. The PVP minded could finally get their fill.
Touching up on the ore heres how i want this to work lets say there is 10 ore in each house.

Scenario 1: You take ore from house A to house B, I then do a random check i see that house B has 20 ore so 20 points will be awarded. 10 for each houses ore.

Scenario 2: You take Ore from house A to house B, I do not do a random check and House A reclaims the ore along with house Bs ore, I then do a random check House A gets 20 points.

Scenario 3: Neither team takes the ore.I do a random Check House A and B awarded 10 points.

Ore may be changed to a special hue of cloth to prevent cheating.*or atleast make it harder*

Ore will be reset after points are awarded!

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

CTF will now be intermittent to encourage fair play sorry for any confusion.
Any questions feel free to ask!

DKS

Post by DKS »

Best way to play is to use an item with a unique ID that isn't stackable and use those. Also, both containers should be secure and everyone playing friended so griefers can't ruin the game. Just put the heads chest behind tables so no one can loot it, only drop in.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I’m not trying to be difficult but…You plan on having special hues of ore that people can pick up? How are rare collectors not going to visit these houses and load up on special hued ore? Then they hold onto it for a year or so, and we start seeing tower deeds thrown at them so people can decorate their forge houses. I’ve got a patio set up specifically for my smith with lots of rare ingot stacks, wires, forged metal, etc. I’m trying to get some hanging armor to finish it off but if I get a chance to add some special hued ore for ambiance, you can bet I’ll take it.

If that was my actual intention I sure wouldn’t have stated it. I would have quietly schemed for the day I could get my hands on that rare ore…my precious… You are going to get people looting those houses to get the special hued ore. So much looting will occur that I doubt the game can even be played.

I’m pointing this out so we can think of a better medium than special colored ore for the flag. The problem is special “anything” is going to get nabbed if it can be picked up. While it would be easy to cause problems using non-rare stuff, it’s the only way to keep the treasure hunters away. 10 iron ore has a street value of 120GP roughly. People aren’t going to waste time stealing it, but they might smelt it just to grief. It will still be less problematic than trying to keep rare ore from disappearing.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin