Capture The Flag (CTF)

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Capture The Flag (CTF)

Post by Roser »

Introducing a new player run event!

How to play...

Capture flags from the neutral zone (middle castle) and return them to your base and/or siege the enemy base to capture any flags they might have.
The towers are connected to the castle via Game Master created teleporters that are created for game use only. (neon green decoration)
This is a PvP oriented event that accommodates a wide variety of play styles, there is however no benefit for crafting classes.

All flags (currently 15) will spawn at the bottom of the neutral zone castle (ground floor center) on the "flag pedestal".
The flags are equidistant from each team's flag capture area.

The flag is a special Game Master created item, it consists of 125 non lootable items weighing in at 125 stones.
It is designed to be picked up and carried on your cursor (drag drop que), it will drop to the ground if you are killed while holding it.
This special item will decay 90 minutes after creation so as to not get lost in the world or end up in a players bank box.

The flag capture area is located on the third floor of of each base, it is the furthest possible point from the enemy base.
The win condition is met when one team has captured and placed all 15 "flagballs" within their flag capture area.

How to operate your ghost...

There are many footstool ramps throughout this arena, ghosts must know how to walk on these in order to play.

Ghost walking is a very easy thing to do, simply resync with a hotkey or press the hotkey to open your paper doll (Alt + P) while standing on a stool.
This must be done each time you step on a network of connected stool's.

Items and basic gear...

All items are provided and are completely free.
Each team has a basic stock area located on the second floor of their team tower, all items in this area are grand master crafted from iron.

Each player will be given one stock bag at the beginning of the game and one stock bag each time they resurrect.
Stock bags include 50 of each reagent, 50 bandages, 10 fish steaks, 5 total refresh potions, 25 bottles, 50 bolts, 50 arrows, and 4 trapped pouches.

Please be respectful of these items, this area works on an honor system.
Choose only what you need (one set of armor and one of each weapon you desire).
All items in this game are donated by players and myself, we are happy to give these things for free in the name of fun!
If you would like to donate any of the items seen in this game please contact me via forums or IRC, thank you!

Once teams are stocked up and ready a ten second game start countdown will be initiated, the "Countdown Table" will be released giving players full access to the arena.

The "Countdown Table" is located on the 3rd floor.

The potion well...

The potion well is located on the 2nd floor in the center of the neutral zone castle, directly above the flag room.
This is the sole source of potions in this game except for the total refresh potions in the stock bags.

The potion well presents a strategic advantage to which ever team attempts to hold this area, do not let your enemies hang around here.
The amount of potions is great and in theory should not run out during a game.
All potions are the highest quality possible (greater/deadly).

Resurrection and the Ghost Gate...

Each team will be given a "resurrection code" which will trigger my stationary character to resurrect any nearby ghosts and hand out one basic stock bag.
For example speak the code "Chaos45" while in war mode and standing within resurrection range of my character.

This is an automated system that is intended to hasten the resurrection process.
This system is not perfect and may require you to speak the code more than once.

The ghost gate is located on the 3rd floor of each tower, it's function is to allow ghosts down to the 2nd floor so that they may resurrect and restock in safety.
The living cannot pass backward through this gate. Please do not cross forward through this gate if you are not ready for battle.

Once a living player passes over this area they will not be able to get back to the stock area until death.

Teams and the CTF guild stones...

The muster point for this game is in my personal castle at my "Boom Box Bar".
To sign up you must pass through my castle doors as a ghost and wait at the bar.

Here ghost's will be briefed on the event.
Two pre-warred guild stones exist, one for each team.
You are required to either join one of the CTF guild stones or have your guild send a war invite to BOTH guild stones.
Guild names are [Chaos CTF] & [Order CTF].

Teams will be randomly selected and then taken to their respective team base where they will be resurrected and added to the team guild stone.
Alternatively I will choose team captains and allow them to take turns picking players for their team, first choice based on a winning coin flip.

Rules...

Flags must remain inside the PvP area (Do not drop them over the ghost gate).
Be respectful of the grand master crafted items, please do not abuse the items by taking more than you need.
Exercise good sportsmanship (no team killing or grief).
Do not intentionally attack/kill my stationary resurrection characters.
Do not intentionally attack any player who is inside their safe stock zone (2nd floor of each tower).

Prize pool...

TBA

Video's...

New - May 31, 2016
Test game video (polished state) from Kriv - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXPZkGPL4fw

All of my event's will be streamed live on twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/ultimawizard

Special thanks to Boomland Jenkins, Nickodemuse, and HappyGilmore for helping make this happen!
Last edited by Roser on Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:22 am, edited 32 times in total.

Apok
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Capture The Flag (CTF)

Post by Apok »

Sounds fun.

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

This is amazing!

Sanjeev

Post by Sanjeev »

Nice sounds fun!

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Today's test went fairly well. I found a few errors in the stationary resurrection macro.

Thanks to helped test this! Ill be looking to do another test soon.

Once testing is complete, I will set a time and date to make this a weekly thing.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

The second game test will be sometime this evening after Boomlands events!

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Not directly associated to anything in the event(s), proper,

Rose, if you need any of your "stock" repaired after an(y) event, I'll donate the work.

Of course, you don't need this at all if you have your own GM smith ...

Throw a PM at me if you have need.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Thanks SS!

We are doing another game test shortly! 15 mins from now.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

The secondary test went well! We found a few more bugs in the game, they shall be worked out.

Thanks to all who came out!

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Another test game is going down very soon! Within 15 mins

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Main thread is updated - Flag section and Items section.

Today's test went very well! We had some great 6v6 action, Team Order was victorious!

The game is fine tuned quite well at this point. We will look to run a few more tests before making an official time & date.

Thank you to all the testers, hope you had fun!.

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Rose, This looks amazing! Bottom line, this absolutely takes the cake of any event I have ever seen. Well done sir, well freaking done.
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Thanks Freeza!

Heads up for another test game soon! Keep and eye out in game or IRC.

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

This is one of the best organised and most fun player run events I have ever attended (twice). The setup is really good, better than the orginal CTF maps i'd say (dont recal any of them being over multiple levels/floors which adds to it). Its incredibly easy to understand/play (and I find bagball difficult!) due to the huge efforts Rose & co have clearly put into this.

Very impressive, keep up the good work. If this doesn't bring the masses, i'll be very disapointed.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

My personal opinion

I'm still not sure exactly where the flags or potion areas are aside from what it says in this thread.

I'm under the impression our table got picked up late in our tower.

Looks like this game has great potential and replayability.

The maze of stools can take a bit to get used to walking on throughout the game.

The old CTF was simple, the learning curve here is a bit steeper.

I look forward to giving it another go. Thanks for running this event!