UOSA Tournament 8/26/17

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

UOSA Tournament 8/26/17

Post by Grofus »

The Avengers of Justice (AoJ) Guild will be hosting a shard/server wide tournament on 8/26/17 starting at 6 pm Central Standard Time at the guild tower rooftop. I want as many people to come out for the fun as possible. Gates will be provided to the tournament before it starts.

Entry Fee: zero
Prizes:
1st Place - Gold colored Eagle trophy with players name/event/date
2nd Place - Silver colored Eagle trophy with players name/event/date
3rd Place - Bronze colored Eagle trophy with players name/event/date

Signups will end 10 minutes prior to tournament starting so that I can enter the names and set the brackets up. I will use randomized brackets on challonge.com that I will link into discord when event starts. These will be single elimination matches with 3rd place determined by the losers of the semifinals having a match.

Rules:
1. This will be similar to the magic/pots/poisons tournaments that we are used to except it will be held on our guild tower rooftop. Any equipment will be allowed, and players will be able to requip themselves after their match as long as they are back to fight their next opponent

2. Magic weapons/armor/jewelry/potions all will be allowed (note: teleport will not work in a house)

3. Invis items will be allowed but I will have a bot casting detect hidden for the sole purpose of not giving AoJ friended players the advantage of having 100% detect hidden over people that aren't friended to the tower. The purpose of the invis would be to force the opponent to re-attack/engage and not to hide out anyways, so I think this is fair.

4. NO LOOTING your fallen opponent. We can have a fun and eventful tournament without looting each other. Any violators caught will be removed from the tournament and victory will go to the looted. After the tournament is OVER if everyone wants to go outside the tower and kill/loot each other that would be their own deal, but during the matches this will not be allowed.

5. No mounts during the fight or on the roof. Its a tower rooftop not the woods. You may bring a mount and store it in the 2nd floor storage area if you like, but I cannot be responsible for its demise if someones goes untame and kills the rest or if they get killed by EQ.

6. No participation/interruptions from the crowd during a match. We can be civil right?

7. Each participant will be rezzed and have a chance to collect their belongings before the announcement of the next match.

8. No precasting or drinking potions before the wall falls. cmon that's just cheap

9. For people that are currently banned from the tower, if you sign up for the tournament this ban will be lifted so you can compete and will not be re-enforced unless reason is given. Grofus can forgive and forget. :)

10. No murder counts will be given. Participants are to flag grey before match begins.

I may add in stuff that I may have forgotten or edit prior to the tournament night. In addition, I will gladly accept any donations to beef up the prizes for the winning 3. This is not mandatory by any means, and I will profit zero from it, just if there is any interest let me know.

You can sign up by sending me a pm via discord or on forums, but signups stop 10 minutes prior, so don't wait. If you know you can make it, just say and I will get you signed up. The more people that come out the better UOSA looks to our competition. Lets make this event great, and more will come increasing population and create an increase in activity that will benefit all.

I look forward to having everyone out for a great night!
Last edited by Grofus on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

Capitalist

Re: UOSA Tournament 8/26/17

Post by Capitalist »

I want 3rd place for superior trophy.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

Ooooooh Snap! Vega is coming??? Better bring your balls boys

Grofus is the man tho
^ agreed

Jay

Post by Jay »

can we play with 4 accounts like you do at the ae's gropuss?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I will come

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

Jay, I don't use 4 accounts at those events, but sometimes my kids come, so that would be 3. But to answer your question, one toon may enter. Did you wish to sign up?

Roser signup confirmed! (woohoo another legend coming to the Tournament, come test your skills against this guy!!!)

Grofus is the man tho
^ agreed

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

A straight field 1v1 tournament, the whole server better be there :D

er minus the mounts and teleport use.
Baalx in IRC
https://www.twitch.tv/adrenalinepvptwitch

"<Vega> he needs some refresh mount kegs"
"<Vega> for the incessant trammel-a-thons he goes on"

advanced1
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by advanced1 »

Id like to join, but 7pm eastern is borderline early for me on a Saturday due to work so Ill be cutting it close.
YewFriends wrote: Dont worry versair outside of evil people like Orni and Krypt theres alot of good in the game. Need anything hit me up.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Grofus
Where is the location of the tourney, sir?
I didn't see the where in the post.

Thank you
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

The location will be at the AoJ Guildhouse rooftop (near Wind). Gates will be opened by Boomland for the event.

Grofus is the man tho
^ agreed

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

oops, edit*. Pm sent.
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

What did the Fox say??? (VICTORY is what I heard! ) This should be interesting. Need more sign ups! Send me the name of your fighter ladies and gentlemen.

Grofus is the man tho
^ agreed

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

More wizards!
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

Need more signups! Don't be scared! Show these beefcakes of PVP what the silent masses can do! Come test your skill on an even playing field!!!

Grofus is the man tho
^ agreed

SeroJ

Post by SeroJ »

I'll join up, not that i'll win. 1x GM.. Ckan.